• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Dead Pedal HELP

I have an 01 cummins, the other day while driving 75 with the cruise on, my truck started to hesitate and jerk a bit. The truck then had a dead pedal and engine light came on and threw a bunch of codes. I had it towed back to a shop. The next day I went to see if I could figure any of it out. I changed the APP sensor and calibrated it to between .50v and .60v like the instructions told me. I still get dead pedal while driving and my coolant gauge goes all the way in the red when the dead pedal happens. I switched out the ECM with a spare one out of another truck in the shop and its doing the same exact thing like my old one. Im told I have an electrical problem but I just dont know where to start looking now. thanks

They are all low voltage codes except for the 532, could not find that one. When mine went I had low and high voltage codes on many of the sensors and the temp gauge would peg 10 seconds after starting the engine. Are the batteries and charging system up to par?

- - - Updated - - -

That would be it p606

That would be ECM failure. You can look them up herehttp://articles.mopar1973man.com/2nd-generation-24v-dodge-cummins/59-obdii-error-codes.

Maybe someone else has some input, but I would think its most likely toasted. The odd thing about mine was it never spit out the 606 code, but a new one fixed it. Not sure what to think about the spare one though.

I tend to agree with you. I updated my previous post.When mine went it did not throw the 606 code, but about 3 times the codes you got. Let see if any of the others folks have some opinions. ECM's are way to expensive to throw at a problem.

• Staff

What all those codes have in common is the splice for all the ground before they go to the ECM, the wire that goes to the ECM, pin #11 @ the ECM, and the ECM. You tried the other ECM with the same results. I'd be looking at the splice and pin#11 of the connector. You might try garbing the wire harness at the ECM and move it back and forth while the engine is running and see what happens, this shake and see method has worked for me with other engines. The only code that doesn't make sense is PO432 main catalyst efficiency below threshold.