• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Hello from Colorado

offthegrid

Been driving Dodge 4x4 2500 diesels since '98 for my work. Had '98, 2001, 2003, 2005, 2007 (6.7L slice of poop), 2010. Traded them off with 100K, drove the 2005 and 2010 to 200K. Had very good luck with all the trucks except the 2007, no way I was keeping that thing out of warranty. Put a crank seal on the 2010 at 167K.Recently sold the 2010 and bought a 2001 with 82K with the idea of driving it for my work for a year, 50-60k, than turning it into a dedicated plow truck and then maybe find another low mileage Gen 2? The 2001 is certainly different compared to the 2010, a bit louder, that's OK, feels more like a truck should. Unfortunately the fuel pump/injestor pump went out at 91K. The dealer who I bought this truck and the others took care of me on the repair. Had a FASS pump installed, fuel pressure gauge. Soon will put on a turbo back exhaust and then replace the air box. Came across this site when searching/learning about the fuel pump failure.My wife and I have been living "offthegrid" for 8yrs, were 3 miles from utility power. Kevin