• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

I want one of these in my house in the mountains...

YabbaDoo

If my stove starts to "run away", I've always got at least 1/2 bucket of ashes to throw over the fire if needed…………..along with a store bought "fire-smothered"!!!

No black glass here…………………..just a light haze that you can only see if looking for it!!  My wood is almost "baseball" bat dry.  

Also this was brought up at the last fire call. (Chimney fire). With a steel box you can spray a short burst of water in a steel box and slam the door shut and the steam will go up the chimney and put out the chimney fire. Do that with a glass door stove you now blow the glass out and have a house fire to boot! So in this case we had to unload the stove into a steel pan because the air damper was broke and defunct on this call. So carrying live fire in a pan outside was very smoky and PITA!

With a chimney fire, I'm sure the last thing I would be, you would be (and most home owners) would be worrying about is the glass door on the stove!!!!

Just saying, not arguing!! :2cents:

Now, I dunno if this is something the fire dept. I was with adapted for its efficiency or what; But they just have a plastic baggy full of dry-chem that they will drop down the flue and it apparently works wonders.

After that, all they gotta do is just look for fire extension in the attic, etc.