• Welcome Guest To Mopar1973Man.Com

We are a Dodge Ram Cummins Turbo Diesel forum. We are very friendly and helpful group of Dodge Ram Cummins owners. We will try to keep your truck running the best we can and provide information for diagnostics, repairs and even guide you on the best replacement parts to use. 

Registration is free. Registering on the site will provide access to many more things like...

• Contribute to the Forum being able to ask questions and get support for your Dodge Ram Cummins.
    • Contribute to Article Database adding your ideas and suggestions.
    • Classified Ads posted by the members. Post up your used parts and vehicles.
    • Member Garage where you can proudly display your vehicles and modifications that you have done to them.
    • Download files, documents, and Quadzilla Adrenaline tunes for your truck.
    • 911 Support Network. We've got a group of members will to aid you if your truck breaks down on the road.
    • Reduced Advertisements displayed to you.

Sign in to follow this  
rseabur

How do I check to see if Posi-tap is working???

I just installed my Edge Juice w/ Attitude and I am wondering how I can check to make sure I have the pump wire tapped properly. I don't want to run my JWA like an EZ. I wanted to go with the Stealth plate but I was already getting an earful about the money spent on the JWA so I just did the Posi-tap. Can I unplug the module and check the voltage at the harness if I trace the wire? Should I just put a stealth plate on, try to seal the pump wire back up and not have to ever worry about it again? There doesn't seem to be a good place to check the voltage with the posi-tap like their is with the stealth plate. Sorry if this is repeat post. This has probably been asked a lot, but I have not found a good answer.

Yep, that is what he means! Turn the key on and see if you have power on your additional wire.

If I had the stealth plate like you guys then it would be as easy as you guys are saying but I don't. I talked to Edge today and they had me remove the cover from the module and check for 6 scrolling lights while the truck was running. Said if I had the lights then the pump was tapped correctly. I would still like to put a volt meter on it somewhere.

Did you have lights scrolling like Edge said? If so you don't need to probe the wire.