• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Fuel Pressure Issue?

I do like the idea of the valve to shut off the supply. I think I will skip snubber all together. Now I need to just buy a 1/4 npt needle valve straight through. I completely forgot that the fittings on the isolator are 1/4 npt and I can just remove those and put them in the new needle valve.

This is basically what I need but there has to be a cheaper solution to this than $60!

http://www.sustainablesupply.com/Parker-4F-V6LN-B-GR-Needle-Valve-1-4-In-Brass-F-p/w171164.htm

NAPA - PN# WH6820 roughly $8.00 for a the needle valve in the picture. NAPA also sell all the 1/8" NPT brass fitting too for fair price.

I need a double female 1/4 NPT. My plan is to remove the isolator completely and remove the 1/4 NPT fittings that are attached to it that connect the fuel hose and the gauge. So one side I can screw on the needle valve and then I can take on the quick dissconnect compression fitting vulcan includes in their kit and screw it in the needle valve and then re connect the 1/8" tubing. Should be a quick fix. I will call Napa since they deliver to my work lol.

Well I installed a needle valve inline and removed the isolator. All I can say is the isolator I got must have been a piece of ****. I fired the truck up and instantly 18psi again! Thanks for the help guys. I am happy with that instead of 3.5-5psi I was showing...

• Like 1

Posted · Hidden by Mopar1973Man, January 10, 2014 - double post
Hidden by Mopar1973Man, January 10, 2014 - double post

Well I installed a needle valve inline and removed the isolator. All I can say is the isolator I got must have been a piece of ****. I fired the truck up and instantly 18psi again! Thanks for the help guys. I am happy with that instead of 3.5-5psi I was showing...

• Owner

Most isolators behave this way. Just really rare to see a working last for very long either.

• Like 1