• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

New 2014 Megacab Diesel

joecool911

Correct they now have fluid but i do believe they still have a dpf. They just dont use fuel to clean the exhaust, thus saving fuel and wear on the engine. Best thing to do is get rid of all the emissions if you can

That is good to know. Guess this would be the same for Ferd and GM?

The big 3 are all using DEF/SCR technology now. Time will tell how reliable Rams system is but early reports seem to be very promising from what I have seen. I agree that deleting the 12 and prior trucks would probably be the best bet but I don't think thats going to be the case with the new trucks. A fraction of the regens, increased fuel mileage and torque over the 12 and older models, 15k mile oil changes, the option for an Aisin transmission, and an upgraded fuel filtration system. Get in it, drive it, and never look back.

50K for the new truck? heck thats more then i paid for my house!!! it's a small one. still. empty they get great milage, but loaded i would think more then 11.  must be nice to have the cash flow for one of those, i would if i could, 

i wana see what last longer my 93 toyota 4x4 with a 22re or my 02 cummins.  

• Staff

Horsepower takes fuel, even if you don't factor in the extra fuel burn from emissions 385hp is going to burn some diesel when used.

I would guess, based on some marine motor specs, that pulling hills with a trailer at 60 would be around 12 GPH.. Which is 5 mpg, and with a sail like a toy hauler you just can't get good enough mileage on the flats to counter the hills.

I am probably more fuel efficient per hp and pulling my 8500 toy hauler at 65 I get 10ish depending on the average grade. Speed really kills the mileage, and when you have power you use it, especially on a new 50K truck.

• 9 months later...