• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Which Turbo?

TFaoro

Ok gang, my brother is hell bent on making some more power with his truck. Here is his truck. 

2005 Ram 2500 4door long bed 2in leveling kit s&b intake with scoop smarty junior upgraded clutch G56 stock trans 3.73 gears 

He wants to eventually go with a set of twins with a new head 110# valve springs studded & fire ringed Smarty SSR & 100 horse ddp injectors,

but for now he just wants an upgraded turbo that he can add another one to later. He is torn between industrial injection and ATS. 

Of these two companies which is better? Which turbo from each company would be best for his current mods and to add another turbo to later? Any input is appreciated!

Or you can come north and i will instal anything he wants

Thanks for the advice guys! We enjoy turning wrenches, but appreciate the offer. I'm helping him pick the best one for him because I'll be putting on his old he351! Hopefully cool my 24v down a bit!

He doesn't ever tow with it just a "grocery getter" haha! He is looking for just street performance. His goals are 600-650hp. He has been looking pretty heavily into industrial injection's silver bullet

I really wanna know how that he351 works out for you when you get it on...

I will try to do a full write up when I do the swap. I think the hardest part will be building a waste-gate mount after the turbo is clocked. I'm hoping it will cool it down because with my stock injectors and the smarty & comp stacked I can hit 1400deg before i'm going 65, and I am too afraid to go over that! :ahhh:

• Staff

The silver bullet is lousy in twins for 600-650, spools very slow as a single and slower in twins. It also is too much turbo for a smarty jr, for good street manners he would want to run it with injectors and a Smarty S06 and UDC. Tell him to get an S06 with UDC over SSR, he will be much happier. Even if he just gets an S06 he will be happier, SSR is a pain to dial in and to so it properly takes hours on the dyno.

Have him modify his stock HE351 with a larger turbine wheel, Turbo Re-Source is who I have used, and then when he does twins put a S475 under it.

If he really wants a new turbo have him look at a 63/68/12.

• Staff

Shhhhhhh i want the he351 :evilgrin: ! He is planning on the smarty sr. and a set of injectors. The sr. will come before the turbo. Why is the silver bullet so lousy on spool up?? 

It's a 66/74/14 , which is sized around high rpm and high power. The Silver series is more like a track turbo, the PS is the towing series, and the SPS is the tweener.

If he is willing to spend around 2K have him look into a GT3788R, the will spool faster and be better in twins down the road. Same thing, have him talk to Turbo Re-Source a GT3788R with a Stage 2 .89 housing is a good street turbo.