• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

I was wanting a set of batteries for my farm tractor ...and.

I thought it would be a good idea to buy a new set for my truck and use the good ones already in it to put in the tractor.

I told the Interstate guy that I wanted group 31...he said no way will they fit. Sold me group 27s. Same rating as the ones in the truck although a bit smaller.

WOW...I thought the ones that I took out of the truck were good, not so much compared to the new ones.

It sounds like that air starter in the other thread.

The tractor will start with the ones from the truck but not as good as it should.

Warm weather is coming and things will be better for the tractor then.

Regards Chris

Also makes a difference in how you take care of your lead acid batteries. Being I typically get 10-12 years from a battery.

What is your maintenance?

Howr much did they charge you for the cores? I have been thinking of doing the same thing, keep one for the winch on my tilt trailer and one for the tractor,

I paid $15 yesterday and saw $17 at another place.

I think there's something like only three different battery factories and ALL batteries are made at these sites using specific design specifications proprietary to different battery company requirements.  That said, some people only want the most high dollar battery they can purchase and others are simply OK with paying much less and replacing them as needed under the prorated warranty.  To each is own.....  If you drive you're vehicle often then there's really no reason the battery(ies) won’t last at least 5 years.  And there are threads out there about guys fitting group 31's in these trucks too.  Needs a little jimmying around but they did get them in there.

I haven't been that lucky. Bought Interstate batteries 3.5 Years ago, too good of a sale to pass up. during the fall one of them completely went south. One day they were working fine and the next I went out to start and it was very slow To start. Passenger battery failed at something like 60 CA. I check the acid in them once a year, and my truck does not sit more then a day or two at a time. If it gets started it generally gets run a minimum of 50 miles or more.

Then there is the whole pro rated joke, I still ended up paying over $50 bucks since it had been 3 years, and they won't prorate the good one. So now I'm stuck with one new battery and one 3 years old. We have had a lot of cold weather this year for Ohio, lots of single digit to below zero nights, and I can tell it is a little slow turning over when its cold. That's why I'm thinking of just dropping for 2 new for the truck and then seperate my truck batteries. If I do I will buy AGM's this time around