• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Another Odd Truck At The Job

dripley

Had my truck parked in the adjoining parking lot today. Walked out to it and this is what was sitting beside me.

post-338-0-27927600-1392954115_thumb.jpgpost-338-0-34308800-1392954123_thumb.jpgpost-338-0-07296500-1392954131_thumb.jpg

The owner came out while I was standing there and  got to speak with him briefly. He is in construction and hauls some equipment with it, bobcat, back how and such. Pretty obvious not off highway much I think. He did have a goose neck ball in the bed and it looked somewhat used. The last pick is in driving trim, and adjusts differently for hauling. Any way he had to leave, just thought some might like this. Not my cup of tea, but interesting.

He was sitting on air bags all the way around and when he got in and fired it off it rose 6". His tow setting was higher but I did not get to see it. when I first saw it I am not sure how well my hand would have fit between the body and the ground. I would think with the air bags that it rides better than it looks like it would. I have thought about air bags on mine, but not to that extent.

My first truck was a Mazda b2200. I spent waaay too much money on the truck and made it into a lowrider. I thought it was the coolest thing. Still do somewhat. I have not been able to fully finish it since then, so its sat in the parents driveway for too long. I need a shop to put it in!

Its a cool little mini-truck. Thats what interested me. But this, yea, I know exactly what this guy is into, but I see no reason for doing it to a full-size. To me, its just more money than brains...

I like the idea of a bagged truck on all four corners, but not to that extent. If I'm not mistaken, the Ram 1500 has an option for air ride and has the ability to raise/lower to compensate for trailer hitching, load levelling, off roading, and will even drop at free way speeds for increased economy. I remember reading about it when they were first introduced but haven't heard any reviews on the system.

I used to have a truck that was the same size as that one. That truck sucked. It took 45 acres (not 40) to turn it around, had a 454 that drank gas like there was no tomorrow (9 1/2 mpg EMPTY), hauled my slide in like crap. It didn't feel comfortable over about 50 mph with the camper on. I put the same camper on the truck I have now and got 15 mpg and would set the cruise at 65 mph and rode comfortably.

We have a local guy here who does airbrush painting and owns a Tattoo shop who has an older like late 90's crew cab chevy dually like this one he has lowered like that too not sure if it is air ride or not but it has an awesome airbrushed paint job, I see it around Bismarck / Mandan every once in a while.

He has been featured on Sturgis tv shows for airbrushing custom Bikes now days too.

http://www.dollsstudios.com/about-jason.asp

He doesn't have pics of his own rides on the site though.

Edited by Wild and Free