• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Losing Prime In Fuel Line

while I am not certain I think I must have a leak somewhere in fuel system after my 98 truck sets for some time it will start right up like its supposed to then after 10 or so seconds will die then I must crank it 6 or so times to get it to start then it seems to be fine can any one elaborate on this symptom or problem Thank You

It does sound like a leak somewhere. Next time it happens try bumping the starter(no engine start) and let the lift pump cycle once or twice. It should run for about 25 seconds a cycle and see if that helps. Check your fuel connections front to back and see if you see any moisture on them. I does not take much of a leak to let air in and very little fuel out.

• Like 1

Any fuel line, return or supply can cause it. Mine did it and it was the return line. clogged fuel tank vents can also cause it like mopartenchnician mentions. A little more info on your rig also helps. You can fill out a signature in your profile and it will show up every time.

• 3 weeks later...