• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Forum design... Other brands...

Mopar1973Man

Show I put Ford and Chevy diesel forums in as well???  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Show I put Ford and Chevy diesel forums in as well???

• Owner

I wanted to here from the member out here if I should add a Ford and Chevy forum? It would be very basic for the time being. If I did I would need volenteers that had knowledge of those forums and help maintain it. So if it does come to pass I will be looking for a set of Moderatros for those areas... They will be required to know about ford or Chevys...

• Owner

.....and the cost is? Diesel pickups are more alike than different...paint,axles,wheels,tires,gages....so there is a lot of information that will fit all. I see no downside unless you read slow. keydl

The only cost is "TIME"... Nothing more... If I add the Ford and Chevy side it will be in general for the time being... Not in depth like the Dodge... But I will just for the off chance a ford or chevy happens to come... :D

.....and the cost is? keydl

That is a very good question!! I guess IMO I think it would be nice to offer the other models some specific information.... BUT.. We would have to be careful to ensure that the information we offered was correct and up to date. For example... If we had a ford guy come in and ask a question and we didn't have anyone that could answer the "ford" specific question.. then that ford person might go and say something to others that our sight doesn' answer questions or something to that effect.. thus giving the whole site a bad name?? Does that make sense???? I don't know if that is a "big" problem of not, but I would hate for that to happen.. :rolleyes My two cents.. Maiden.

Your terms of use are very specific.The use by Ford or GM users would of normal expectation be 'buyer beware' because there are no resident experts.However the removal of mechanical improbabilitys and spam is a time consideration.Not all mechanical improbabilities equate to the 'dog food diet'.If the venue is here you may find someone in need of a soapbox.I would maintain the files such that the parts could be relocated and redirected casually.A heading like Ford, unsupervised or GM,nonverified to push the point.keydl

• Owner

Well that is my problem right now I don't really have anyone in mind to cover these areas... But I've got a few people in mind that could do it... But I want to get a feel for the amount of people that might like to discuss Ford and Chavy's...But your right Keydl it would be a big problem if I left it un manned and full of unknown truths.. so it this time since the forum activity is still pretty low it will remain a Cummins form for the time being... But I might add a another forum for other brands... Still a might... :rolleyes

I wouldn't mind it...if only so that is an additive question is asked with regards to the other brands...they can be addressed. I'll never claim to know everything about Fords...shoot...there are those out there that have forgotten more than what I could ever hope to know. But...I do know how my truck runs and responds to 2-cycle oil...

• 3 weeks later...

for fords and chevys there would not be much to talk about because for a ford if you look at a ford they circled the problem right for a chevy you can shove it or leave it he he just kidding had to put my 2 cents in right taz