• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

About that high idle kit

Is it just me or does it make the truck a bit more peppy on the low end.

I had to go to a service seminar 4 hours away from home.

At 1 intersetion in particular you have to make a sharp turn to the left.

I attempted this manuver...at a slow speed ,darn near did a 360 right there.

Granted the roads were wet and I have studded winter tires but it was quite warm.

WOW it works nice.

I drove Like Michael told me for the most part on cruise at the speed limit.

I had the Edge set on 5x3.

Hand calculated is 20.76 mpg.

I am pretty happy with it. A set of RV 275 or so injectors and it should be sweet.

I wonder what these trucks would be like with an unlimited computer controling things.

That might be your next job Michael and Ed.

Regards Chris

• Like 1

Not yet... Patience my dear friends... Let's say I'll be directly part of the design work of the project. I'll be working under Ed's lead. That;s the best I can tell you all.

Haha, well if you get to talking to Ed for a little, he may just spill the beans! He went from telling me he could not say much because of patents, but by the time we got off the phone, I think he was so excited about it he just had to tell me! lol... don't worry Ed! The secret is safe with me! Not that I know enough anyways as I could never make such a thing happen in record time. The man is leaps and bounds ahead of us!

All I can say is, if/when Ed gets the whole horse and pony show rolling, I will be giving him some of my hard earned money! I will be very happy to see it be successful! Especially since I made such a wise decision to buy one of these cummins when I did!

• Like 1

Is there atleast an idea of when a product may be ready for market (assuming all testing goes well and product performs as planned). I want to get an idea of when this superior product will be available because I am running an obsolete setup with Quad going out of business and I don't want to unload some money on another setup that is out there already if there is a better thing coming. I guess I just wanna know if y'all think it's gonna be by year end or a couple more years. Thanks for any information that you can give and I know this is a question that requires there to be plenty of assumptions in the answer. BTW, I apologize for high jacking this thread...

• Owner

High idle and MPG fooler is a good step in the right direction it will aid in MPG's. I'm finding out now with the Version 2 fooler which makes it easy to check performance on the fooler or stock setting. Give you a feel I can reach as low as 650-700*F EGT's and about 7 PSI of boost hauling my RV at 55 MPH (GCW 16,820#) but seeing between 13-14 MPG on flat ground. 

Is there atleast an idea of when a product may be ready for market (assuming all testing goes well and product performs as planned). I want to get an idea of when this superior product will be available because I am running an obsolete setup with Quad going out of business and I don't want to unload some money on another setup that is out there already if there is a better thing coming. I guess I just wanna know if y'all think it's gonna be by year end or a couple more years. Thanks for any information that you can give and I know this is a question that requires there to be plenty of assumptions in the answer. BTW, I apologize for high jacking this thread...

There is still support for Quad...

There is still support for Quad...

There is no more support for the 120hp zillaradier fuel box I am running.  This box came out before the adrenaline hit the market.  Good box but I have already had one board go out on me and I was lucky enough that we were dealers for them for awhile and I had a zillaraider for a 02 dodge sitting on the shelf.  Same box but different connectors for the 01-02.  So, after I had the problem with the original box, called them up and said they no longer support that box.  Was wanting to get an Edge Comp to run with the Smarty but I may wait to see what may come of this "game over" setup that Ed is developing. 

• Owner

Just exactly what is this mpg fooler doing to the engine management to get these impressive numbers? Sorry if this question has already been answered somewhere on the forums.

Believe it or not retarding timing or preventing excessive advancement from excessive cold air. Cold air tends to hurt MPG's optimal IAT temperatures for MPG's is about 100-140*F