• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Liquid Power

I thought the connection with the Dieselplace.com trest showing the soy based biodiesel at 2% was the best at improving test results was in some way connected to the marketing of what appears to be straight vegtable oil as an additive :)Marketing at its best!keydl

The sales location is central FL where they have maybe 10 days a year that the heat in the house is turned on.Four hours at 27 F is a panic and a freeze is a bonanza for plumbers for the broken well pumps and pipes.It is an example of tie in marketing from my point of view, but the post is for consideration that the difference between soybase biodiesel and soyoil is large and it is easy to miss a word while reading the contents in the store.Mike's first reaction is normal for people that plan ahead and are accustomed to dealing with the original hard water problem, ice. I have seen it cold enough that the propane does not want to come out of the tank, start a fire next to the tank and it goes back to work, so I understand the point.If the shipping label is the same format as the other products that had price posted they want $19.95 a gallon and the supermarket is $3.78 for 3 quarts.On a discussion for old MB cars there are people writing they use 1/2 virgin vegtable oil but not any that make a point with gallons and miles.The people that did the Veggie Van got pretty good at r&r on the injectors while they learned, and settled on biodiesel. They then wrote a book.So, for the temps above 40 F will soyoil substitute for 2cycle? Do you need twice as much? Will the injectors need cleaned? Regularly? :)It is also the first additive that listed contents other than trade secret that I have picked up.keydl

So, for the temps above 40 F will soyoil substitute for 2cycle? Do you need twice as much? Will the injectors need cleaned? Regularly? :)

It is also the first additive that listed contents other than trade secret that I have picked up. keydl

After reading a little about soyoil and how it relates to Bioheat, I would have to say it wouldn't be a good substitute. If it acts as a heating source then its not a lubicant any longer.. Right?? The main purpose of using 2 cycle oil is to help with lubicating. In my own thinking (which is alittle shaky) if you add a heating oil to your system then you are messing with your flashpoint.... are you not?

anyway... with that rambling done.. here is the site Ifound searching for "what is soyoil". It is kind of interesting..

http://www.tasses.com/bioheat.htm#What_is_Bioheat

Then it links to this site.. which you may already know of.. http://www.biodiesel.org/

This was one of the questions from the tasses webpage..........

Are gaskets, seals, hoses and O-rings compatible with Bioheat?

All known gaskets, seals, hoses and O-rings are compatible with blends of less than 20% biodiesel (B20).

For higher Bioheat blends than 20% biodiesel (B20), up to and including 100% biodiesel, compatibility will depend on the materials they are made from.

For Bioheat blend concentrations over 20% biodiesel, fluorinated polyethylene, fluorinated polypropylene, Teflon, Teflon-lined, components are recommended. Use of other types of materials in Bioheat blends over 20% biodiesel such as nitrile, natural rubber, or Buna-N type rubbers may cause leaks, plugged filters (due to dissolved material) and eventually complete gasket, seal, hose or O-ring failure.

That's a bingo on the bioheat list, max of 20% of transesterfied on the old seals - mostly from nitril and viton. Biodiesel will have to wait until after the IP is resealed. Cummins sheet gave 2002 as the date they approve B20, so I expect that is the date they changed seal formulation.Thankskeydl

That's a bingo on the bioheat list, Thanks keydl

Good one... Nice find MoparsMaiden! :thumbsup

Thanks Guys!! I am just glad that I could actually find something that was useful and interesting to everyone!! :thumbsup