• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Get More from your Truck - MPG

• Staff

The last 4 guys that i did injectors on their pickups actually keep track of thier mileage and they all were 5-6 mpg off of overhead. After the install they are within .5-1mpg off now. I talked to erick at brown's diesel and he said that is what he looks for too and he told me the reason was for the extra fuel that is getting by each time it fires/closes. That my personal experience

Must not be CR trucks, as the return flow is not factored in the overhead mpg computation.

There are other reasons why worn injectors  may effect the OH, but return flow is not one of them.

There also aren't any 5.9 CR's that only run .5-1mpg of error, or the owner is lying to you (Or they get about 5mpg). The calibration table is the same from 03-07, regardless of 03-04 or 04.5-07 injectors... let that sink in, and it helps realize why there is so much error. 

Yep, read into that too.

You know if your injectors are leaking if you taked the tack up to 3 k (when engine is warm) and watch it come back down. If it doesn't come back smooth and hangs at all.....you got leakers.

Otherwise for the injector change, if you keep it in the exrta 40 hp range you don't seem to cross the threshold of more fuel efficient and too much power/fuel consumption.