• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

AC gauges and vacuum pump

dripley

I got  similar  type  kit  off of   ebay,  and  it's  Chinese...  what else is new!    there's  tons  of these  out there..  The price you show  is   about  average.  

Like you,   I too just need the  occasional   pump down  and   recharge  tools.      So far, so good.    Sure,  these  smaller pumps  take a little longer to  pull,  but  the end result  is  same..

$_12.JPG

http://www.ebay.com/itm/COMBO-3CFM-1-4HP-AIR-VACUUM-PUMP-HVAC-REFRIGERATION-KIT-AC-134A-MANIFOLD-GAUGE-/271235699782?hash=item3f26e85446&item=271235699782&pt=Motors_Automotive_Tools&vxp=mtr

This is what I have,   it's  134.99   free shipping

Edited by rancherman

• Owner

Matter of fact that looks just like my little pump I've been using now for about 4 years.

vacuum-pump.jpg

Matter of fact I even stopped in the local Chevron station and lined up my freon supply (12 qty case) and he's already needing a o-ring kit done on his Chevy. It got a slow leak and needing to be fixed. Man I love air conditioning but I sure hate to be the guy doing the service. 110-115*F in Riggins, Idaho and engine blowing 190-200*F wind at you while you work. Ugh!

I have had a slow leak in my system since I got the truck. Did all the testing and searching I could when I was in tech school. We also had the fancy machines but I never did find it. I was doing my monthly inspection on the truck the other day and I noticed the front of the compressor is wet. I think the front seal went out and that is where its leaking. Is it worth replacing that seal or just replace the whole compressor? I have rebuilt compressors before but I just dont know if it is worth putting parts in one that has over 220000 miles on it already.

I dont know anything about that GPD one. I actually sell the four seasons brand stuff at my store. They are part of Standard Motor Products and I have no problem using their parts. As far as I can tell everything is good quality and they also have awesome warranties. Every part they mfg comes with a 36,000 or 3 year full replacement warranty. I might go that route when the time comes.

Look around there, I know some are new and did not look enough to see if any were rebuilds. Some were associated with the Sanden name but the part numbers were differant from the one on E-Bay.