• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Mulcher812 helps me out!

Mike came over to my place and helped me do a couple projects. We upgraded my turbo from HY to HX. We also installed 275 injectors and did a valve adjustment. Did this in about 3 hours. Tomorrow I'll hook up my trailer and see what difference it makes. He also flashed me with his smarty. Now I'm ready for the high idle kit.

• Like 1

Yes it is! He also hit me with 5 with his smarty just to help me understand what it would do. We drove a bit and then set back to normal. Then drove his truck with stacked 5x5 and 100 hp injectors. Yeah, that makes a difference! But again, my long term goals are for economy. So it was fun, but I don't see stacked tuners in my future. The smarty is something I'd be interested in though. It appears that the new sticks and turbo will provide me with better towing performance. Quite a difference in dimensions between the HX and HY turbos. He did a small waste gate mod on it too.

Is a 4" exhaust going to make any difference for me? Running stock 3" now.

My wife continues to be amazed at the friends I meet on the internet. I've met a lot of hunting guys too. She gets worried about me meeting guys with guns. Lol. So far so good.

Edited by joecool911
  • Like 1

• Owner

Is a 4" exhaust going to make any difference for me? Running stock 3" now.

Not really. I'm still running 3" exhaust as well. Because if you driving for economy/efficiency then there is no driver pressure or boost pressure so 3" is just fine. Now if your racing I would say for sure 4 inch exhaust would gain you much more because drive pressure is way up and so is boost pressure.

• Like 1

I don't even think the EGT's will change with the RV275's and HX35 with out some kind of tuner. It just doesn't get that hot till you put 100-150hp sticks in it. And Joe your  very welcome if you need anything you have my # and just give me a call.

• Like 1

Mike even met me today for some warrenty work on his free help. Had an injector leaking fuel at the tube and running down the engine. Thanks man! The smart flash seemed to have updated how the transmission shifts. Downshifts now on downhill runs from OD to lockup. My 3rd gen Hemi does that too. Figure it's an updated Trans programming.

My wife continues to be amazed at the friends I meet on the internet. I've met a lot of hunting guys too. She gets worried about me meeting guys with guns. Lol. So far so good.

my wife  is  concerned  about the  Women  I  may meet.... :ashamed:  sheesh.   

• 1 month later...

Heck, I met my wife on the internet...

351VE controller is in the works. I have a prototype I am going to install this weekend. Once tested, I will add each feature I want & in 2-3 months, it will be ready for sale.

Ed

For sale? Your Wife? Sorry, couldn't resist!

So your going to be making up a full setup? Cool