• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

• Owner

AD 100 is the easiest to install yes you can use the stock pickup tube... But if there is any air problems check the quick connector at the stock pickup. AD 150 is a bit tougher being you got to drop the fuel tank to install the drawstraw but final product will handle more load longer... http://mopar.mopar1973man.com/personal/2002/airdog-150/airdog-150.htm

• Staff

I would run the 100 for ease of install. Its still enough fuel for a lot more power than stock. I also would run it thru the OE filter bowl based on the AD's lack of f/w separation. Put a Baldwin PF7977 in the OE cansiter, its a 3rd gen filter and is rated for 3x the flow of the OE 2nd gen filter.

• Owner

I would run the 100 for ease of install. Its still enough fuel for a lot more power than stock. I also would run it thru the OE filter bowl based on the AD's lack of f/w separation. Put a Baldwin PF7977 in the OE cansiter, its a 3rd gen filter and is rated for 3x the flow of the OE 2nd gen filter.

Currently doing exactly that... I've got my stock fuel filter still hooked up and the filter in it... It for the gelling problem more so for me... But as for water problems I've never had any yet...

The Baldwin will pass 3x more fuel, how does it filter? I have always used OE since day one on my ISB.

• Staff

Mine take the Fleetguard FS-1268 Fuel Filter cartridges, I am not sure the Dodge has the same filter, but I can get Baldwin products at Fleetpride. So I want the 5um?

I didn't notice the Freightliner part, but it appears to use the same fitler as the ISB in the Ram. The PF7977 "should" work.. I say "should" as I have only verifed that on the Ram apps, but like I said your FS1268 crosses to a Dodge app. Do you just have a FASS pump, or FASS filters too?

Currently doing exactly that... I've got my stock fuel filter still hooked up and the filter in it... It for the gelling problem more so for me... But as for water problems I've never had any yet...

was thinking about running through tr canister with no filter for fuel warming capability

• Staff

was thinking about running through tr canister with no filter for fuel warming capability

I honeslty dont think you would gain anything. I gelled this winter and it gelled at my 20um filter, long before it got to my fuel heater. So with a AD or FASS you have to go thru 2 filters to get to the heater.

I honeslty dont think you would gain anything. I gelled this winter and it gelled at my 20um filter, long before it got to my fuel heater. So with a AD or FASS you have to go thru 2 filters to get to the heater.

When I started my truck this morning (-4 degrees), the fuel pressure only went to 4 psi. It started to rise very slowly and after about 5 minutes at idle it reached normal pressure. I thought about buying a stock fuel canister and plumbing it in to warm the fuel (my original one leaked so I removed it), but I don't know if this will do any good if the gelling is occurring in the filters? I've never had a gelling problem before so I think it might be because of where I bought my fuel from. It wasn't my normal gas station.

The PF7777 is rated for light duty and the PF7977 is rated for heavy duty trucks that would burn more fuel stock. The PF7777 looks like paper by its yellow color, the PF7977 is a white synthetic fiber, and the Fleetguard FS1268 that my truck calls for is the white synthetic fiber as well.Here are the pics side by side. Could you give us a link where you got the data on those filters?

post-10097-138698163312_thumb.jpg

post-10097-138698163315_thumb.jpg