• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

VP fuel pressure test gauge thumbs up!

I was in a panic when my fuel pressure went down to 5psi. Went to O'Riely's and spent $53 on a cheap Chinese pressure gauge with all kinds of adapters for most likely any vehicle. Second time I used it the piece in the middle that presses the schrader valve fell out and would no longer test. I took it back and got my money returned.

Ordered one from Vulcan Performance. Was here the next day and cost $54. Nice liquid filled gauge that only goes to 30psi and has a 6' hose. You could route it into the cab if wanted. It's got a turn valve that depresses or not the schrader insert. Unscrew the gauge from the hose and you've fgot a great bleeder system and can bleed into a container to return to the fuel tank. Plus no fuel spillage inside the engine compartment.

My point is that I now have a gauge made for my truck that is made well for no more money than the cheap Chinese model I bought earlier.

Ran new air line to fuel gauge and ditched the isolator. In addition to above testimony to the test gauge, the hose was long enough to set it under the truck and adjust the fuel pressure right where I wanted it. First time that my Isspro matches the test gauge. Awesome! 21psi idle. Be interesting to see how much I drops now at WOT. In addition, bled the fuel system after opening it up to air. Stuck the end of the hose in an empty 2 cycle oil bottle, bled it off and emptied the contents back into the tank without spilling a drop.

Edited by joecool911

Amazing how "expensive" the better tools are. That is what I keep trying to convince my wife. She still thinks a $29 set of 115 drill bits will drill through steel. She bought a set like that and I tried one in a piloted hole and all it did was make the bit smaller and didn't enlarge the hole!

• Staff

Glad you got the good stuff Joe. I've spent a lot of time and money getting my truck to last a long time and have listened to Eric (been there several times) at Vulcan. He is one of the good guys.

A very nice lady give me a Snap-On ratcheting torque wrench. The kind you can set the foot pounds by turning the handle and then clicks to tell you when it torqued. Man I love that tool. I know how good it is to have reliable tools and products.