• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Classified Ads

• Owner

Well back a few years ago (under the vBulletin software) I had left the FSM open to be searchable. Bad mistake! People poured in left and right wanting to get the FSM's. Not just the one they need but they would download every one of them. Now consider there is 900 to 1,000 people visiting here daily. Their is roughly 2.5 GB worth of files to download they could potentially wipe out the bandwidth of the site in a short order. Now is it fair for a non-donating member to come it and wipe up all the FSM's and run again without giving of themselves (information) or possibly a donation? Remember the ones that have donated will be stuck holding the bag now and potently see the site slow down to snail pace or shutdown because of bandwidth usage. Remember more bandwidth requires more money...

As for the classified ads I was hoping for a small percentage of the sale to go back to the site. But that got turned down fast by most because there is always Craigslist.

But the main problem is making the site pay its own bills. The funds have to come from some where. Google Ads are a gamble at best if the ads are placed wrong or not enough of them your profits are extremely low. Hence why site like Cummins Forum is plastered with Google ads galore. I really don't want to even go there seriously it just not the angle I'm looking for at all. I would rather advertise the members and their businesses. But it always end up being just donations and no ads. Currently there is only 4% of the active membership supporting the site with donations. As for September there is only $20 donated this month.

Well, that's what I was getting at for the membership fee. You could even let people join for free and limited access but require them be a paying member to access the FSM's. If anyone thinks $10, $15, or $20 is too much to donate, let them try to purchase just one let alone all of them.

OORR we as members could get involved and throw the dog a bone once a year. Most people won't miss a few dollars and if everybody just pitched in a little once a year it would add up quick.

Edited by diesel4life

• 2 months later...

I think a low cost membership fee between $20 - $30 is reasonable that any one would definitely fork up or at least they should for the valuable info that's gets passed thru here. Saving a guy much more than that diagnosing your rig.. hell, $100 is well deserved but much too easy to just take the info and run at that price .. like cummins forum is good but pricey for some members as far as classifieds go.. i think it's kind of a sink or swim because of the free sites available. I think having some type of ratings for members as far as trust worthiness like ebay does might help but I imagine it costs lots of computer time to put in effect

i don't mind donating. i've been here for a few years not too.

i think if new members come and stay they should have the choice on donations. i think a pay to play will kill the site.

i agree there should be a donation made to get FSM and other well in-depth information.

i would look into other add agencies, i know Google adwords can pay but at the price of forum appeal and looks i'm not to excited on that. i've used duck duck go and yahoo in years past and was able to have the site pay for it's self. was a tech site back in the early 2K's up until i sold it off.

i do agree about the classifieds being a donation to post or maybe to purchase. look into craigslist and or backpage, kinda like FB does their sponsor adds. yours that are payed for could be on the front page kinda as they are now. unp[aid you have to dig. idk it's quit the conundrum.

i think keeping some of the tech articles and what not for paying only members is a good idea.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest 04Mach1

I would love to donate to this awesome site but I can't figure out how. Maybe it's because I'm on here mostly with my smart phone. Back in my younger ricer days I would always help the forums I was a part of when I could.