• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

continious tire shop trouble

• Staff

Wonder where they find these guys working at these places. Yesterday I went in for getting a flat fixed and to place a matching rim, I recently bought to match all the other wheels, put on the spare. The guy acts like I'm a waste of time for him and his shop. Then when they got done the spare was installed crooked enough that it would have come loose eventually loosing it on the highway. They seem to only care about the bigger sales since they have profit sharing.... well when I need a new set, I won't be going back there either.

You would think since they recognized I have 2 trucks, with the work they did, that take a relatively expensive set of tires, that they would be motivated to some degree.

I gave these guys a try since I've had so very many troubles with other shops in the past.

Edited by JAG1

That sucks when they feel that way. The dealeship that I purchased two cars from (gave them $42k in 45 days) was like that. I went to another dealer (about 3 hrs away and employee owned) and they treated me great! They will even honor my 70k mile service plan. Sometimes you need to shop around to get decent service.

Sounds like Les Schwab to me. I had $1,000 brake job done there. They put the right/left shoes on backwards and the shoes free wheeled inside the rear drum on a F350 dually. Oh, read the fine print...no warrenty on a commercial vehicle. Had a sign in my truck, so it was obvious. Took out the brand new drum. They won't see another dine of my money or referrals. Plus I'll use every opportunity to bash them I get.

Edited by joecool911

• Staff

yes JoeCool I hear ya totally. It was Les Schwab in Molalla. The one in Oregon City screwed up in a big way many years ago. The guy doing the work got fired, but, there was other ways they do business that just was bad.

Les Schwab won't be getting my biz again either... this Molalla store just opened the old wound. Thought I'd give them a try since seem to be having a hard time lately finding an honest shop.

Now where to go next time?

Edited by JAG1

• Owner

I've got a wonderful tire shop I've done business with for many many years. Originally it was a Big O Tire shop and now it changed names to Tire Factory. Same owner and same guys in the shop. They love it when I bring the Diesel in they always asking about anything new added to the truck, hows it running, etc. Always A+ service. Even when mistakes happen they make it right and repair the problem pronto. Good shops do exist just got to look hard for them.