• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Hard cold start

Diesel

This weak the truck started starting hard when it is cold. Truck sits for 12 hrs between driving. It will stumble at about 500rpm for a couple revolutions then build up to normal idle rpm and runs fine. If I shut it off and restart it starts fine. Ambient temps at startup  have been between 69 to into the 80s.

Any ideas?

Edited by Diesel

They wont hurt anything, I will just have hard starts espcially when it gets cold.

Not the hardest, but there is a lot of things to know when you are doing them. Mainly torque values, tips, and tricks. I have done hundreds of them so I have figured all them out with trial and error.

Make sure you get bosch remans or if you can afford them, bbi injectors. Do not get reman bosch or anything that is under 340 an injector. They are cheap rebuilds and you will end up paying for them. If you need help finding injectors, let me know.

• Like 1

I havnt been able to check the nuts yet, but it seems to be getting worse. It did start normally a couple times, like when I was gonna show my wife, but then it started up again. This morning it started and idled at 500 for maybe 5 seconds then jumped up to 8-900 then started bouncing around 7 to maybe as high as 1100. I ran around to exhaust and yep, smoke. Another thing, something sounds like it's making noise around the injector pump. Sounds like a tapping. So, definitely injectors? Or injector pump? Or both?

• Staff

The #1 injector line can make/transmit noise in that area so it could be that.

My dad's 06 is getting injectors today. It started 2 years ago with a rough stumble/idle and white smoke. It always starts, but often it's ROUGH. A month or so ago the mileage started dropping and the injector rattle got louder, so now it's getting marine bodies and DDP 50's.

The #1 injector line can make/transmit noise in that area so it could be that.

My dad's 06 is getting injectors today. It started 2 years ago with a rough stumble/idle and white smoke. It always starts, but often it's ROUGH. A month or so ago the mileage started dropping and the injector rattle got louder, so now it's getting marine bodies and DDP 50's.

Lemme know how that combo works out!!   Just under 214,000 miles on the OEM injectors now and still getting 19-21mpg hand calculated!!!

Hoping my religious treatment of diesel fuel with 2 stroke oil will buy me a lot more time on the OEM's.