• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Other causes of T/C lock unlock

Only one other idea:

How close is your  fass 150  to the  tailshaft sensor   ( if that's  where you have it).        I read   SOMEWHERE   that  aging  lift pumps  can start getting  'electrically dirty'  and   if  they put out enough  crap,    possible your   speed sensor is  picking it up.         After that,  I'm  tapped out of  ideas   (besides the apps  itself)

No fuse  in the  circuit  making it worse...  only thing I can think of is   your  total system is now running   nominal batt volts    Instead of  the  13.5- 14.5,       the  now  lower  volts  are causing the  affected  sensors   to respond differently??

APPS  replacement seems  a  common  malady on these,    geez,  it's only ANOTHER   160 bucks!  ( I know, I know...)     If they were  not so much a problem,  or   considerably  higher priced,  I'd  try the   lockup switch first,  just to  see if  there isn't a problem in the  transmission.

Hate  'ghost'  problems...   the  occasional  on or off   symptoms  drive me nutz,          Now,  show me  a  rod  sticking out the side of the block,   Then    I feel pretty good on  a  diagnosis!  :lmao:

• Like 1

• Staff

I agree.... this Star Trek thing of going into the future by way of using computers on our engines sucks. I think it's a stupid fad with no benefit and only confuses diagnostics. Sorry for the rant... just the way I see it :2cents:

Imagine my old 1957 chevy with just the usual nuts and bolts and only an engine under the hood :drool: . Who'd ever want that?

Makes me wonder....... will we eventually get to where we have politically correct computers?

When you can no longer pull up next to a Ford truck and offend the owner because you got a Cummins? You know, like the computer systems will make everything evenly reliable or unreliable? I guess your opinion will depend on whether you've owned a 12 valve in the past.

I know.... a bit ridiculous perhaps but, look at how they caused diesel prices to be more inline with the gasser guys fuel cost.

Sorry... way off topic here.

Edited by JAG1
  • Like 1

Sometimes you got to diagnose things on the fly. Like I'm suggesting to another Dodge owner to hook a fuse line to the alternator BATT post and bring it in the cab. Then hook up your digital meter and watch the AC noise level in flight and see if the noise comes and goes like the transmission does.

Good tip. I'll give it a shot. But if its still going in and out with the alternator fuse removed doesn't that eliminate the alternator altogether?

even if the  alternator is  'disconnected'..  (output)   isn't the field still excited?       Just curious if  any  'noise' could  make it back though there.  

I have  a  old  JD   propane tractor  and  I couldn't get within  5 feet of the thing with a  digital multimeter...    it  was going crazy  before I even hooked it up. engine running.    (make me wonder  how I still have hair, all the hours  riding that thing)   Still not sure if it was my   plug wires or  the alternator  itself  causing   such  a  radio   interference...   They  both got changed on the same day.   Probably the  plug wires.