• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Time to shop!

Well, got my diagnosis from the trans shop today, the 47re needs a full rebuild. They want to charge me 1500-2000 for a stock rebuild and 2500-3000 for an updated rebuild.

Considering I could buy a waranteed reman for that or do a 5 spd swap, I think I'll be going elsewhere.

I'm looking at Shift Rite (out of Kankakee IL) or Smart Parts. Both have warantees and seem comparable. Any words on which is better?

Shift Rite is a couple hour drive away so I can bring my broken trans in and make sure it passes core inspection, then leave with my new trans and save shipping cost, so I like that idea.

Any other brands out there in the $1500 range I should look at?

5 speed swap would be optimal but I think that puts me in the next price bracket up.

Just remember, you get what you pay for. I have tried the "Less Expensive" route and it wound up costing more to get back to where I should have been in the first place. Think hard about your budget.