• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Thankful for a fuel pressure gauge!

Well the past couple of days my pressure started out at 13 then it went upto its usual 17. Once driving it, it would drop 4 or 5 psi! :wow:I change my fuel filter at every oil change, it was time to do it. Put the new filter in and it is right back to the steady 17 psi. :thumb1: Now I see how people kill their VP when the lift pump goes out and they don't have a pressure gauge!

I know it is overkill on the filter change. It helps me sleep better at night knowing I changed it!:lmao2: Where I worked before we had a fleet of bobtail diesels that the CEO thought it was unneccessary to change the fuel filters. I saw too many of the trucks have serious fuel related problems. This is the first time I have had a problem such as this. Wondering if it has been bad diesel?

• Owner

Well... Its possible it a bad tank of fuel or the station you buying form has poor filters at the pump. At least I buy fuel with confindence because I know the owner of my local store and understand when and what type of filters he uses on his pumps. But when I travel out and about I normal hit the bigger diesel places like flying J or simular with high volume of diesel traffic this insures the fuel is fresh and the pump filters are kept up to par. Stop in a quiet mom and pop place and take a risk for cheaper fuel... :pray:

I know exactly what you mean about the fuel pressure gauge. Last year I stopped at a gas station in Augusta Maine. Within a few miles I noticed my fuel pressure was down a little. By the time I got to the New Hampshire boarder, my fuel pressure gauge was reading 5 psi going up hills. I thought for sure my fuel pump was dying because both my fuel filter and prefilter had less than 500 miles on them. But sure enough, after a few minutes of troubleshooting, I figured out my in-line prefilter was clogged. I always carry an extra so I replaced it. This was a 140 micron screen that got clogged in a very short time from one tank of bad fuel. The funny part is there was absolutely no change in engine performance. Without the gauge, I wouldn't have been aware of a problem and would have kept driving with very low fuel pressure.