• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

What micron fuel filter is reccomended in the CP3'd trucks?

rancherman

• Staff

When I spoke with Bosch they said 5um absolute single pass in the minimum spec.

A Baldwin PF7977 meets that spec, and some additional filters will exceed it.

Dodge did install 10um filters in 03-05ish, but due to excessive warranty claims they dropped to 7um circa MY06. It's better, but not enough. The same engine with non-Dodge filters got 5um filtration.

3um is right for OEM, in my research I haven't found an engine that calls for it. I'm not saying they don't exist, just thst I haven't seen it.

A quick search shows the Donaldon cross is 5um at 95%. I have yet to see a Donaldson filter be worse than the pure part, unlike NAPA/Wix. The Wix filter is 10um nominal.