• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Valvoline marine 2 stroke

Hi all, 1st time poster but been viewing for a while. Good site Mopar :thumbsup . I've got 3 qts of this Valvoline Marine dino left over from the summer (for the boat) and I was thinking of burning it up in the 6.0. It has pretty decent looking specs. for a dino and the description of its mixability sounds good too. What the heck right? Gotta use it in something. http://www.valvoline.com/products/Outbo ... MMA%20(BIA)%20Certified%202-Cycle%20Engine%20Oil.pdf Anyways what do you all think. snoboy

Sorry you had such a problem with the link... Is this the product you were talking about????? http://www.valvoline.com/pages/products ... product=61 :thumbsup M's Maiden
Yes ma'am! Thank you. I went one step further and opened the "product info" and tried to cut and paste the PDF file but it didn't want to work. Anyways just use moparmaiden's link and then use the "product info" to see the goods on the oil. snoboy

• Owner

Here you go a straight link now... http://www.valvoline.com/products/Outboard%20NMMA%20(BIA)%20Certified%202-Cycle%20Engine%20Oil.pdf Specs... Pour Point -40*C (-40*F) Flash piont 65*C (149*F) This is really good characteristic for 2 cycle oil really close to the value of diesel fuel so its not going to change the diesel fuel values much... But the pour point will help the diesel pour point go low into the winter temps... Here is a TDS sheet on some common #2 diesel fuel. http://www.cenexenergy.com/Downloads/2ULSDSpec_2006.pdf

Specs...Pour Point -40*C (-40*F)Flash piont 65*C (149*F)This is really good characteristic for 2 cycle oil really close to the value of diesel fuel so its not going to change the diesel fuel values much... But the pour point will help the diesel pour point go low into the winter temps...That's exactly how I was looking at it. A couple of the Amsoil 2 stroke oils (Saber line) made for premix flash at well over 200 deg.F whereas the Interceptor (the stuff I use in my sleds) is lower but still at 183 deg.F. I was just thinking this Valvoline Marine which is ashless should be a pretty good candidate for a diesel mix AND Valvoline is the oil of choice for the Cummins engine :D . Anyways I'll use my Ford as a lab rat and let you guys know how it does. If my 6.0 can use it without clogging up my crappy VGT or EGR valve. then it should work great in a real diesel engine.snoboy

So why do you want to add the two stroke oil? If it is for lubricity, I think you are wasting your time and money. If it is for making your truck run better, then it is not such a waste. Far as lubricity, think about all the big trucks using it and you know that they are not adding anything to the fuel. The refineries do have a lube additive that is mixed in.Tom

So why do you want to add the two stroke oil? If it is for lubricity, I think you are wasting your time and money. If it is for making your truck run better, then it is not such a waste. Far as lubricity, think about all the big trucks using it and you know that they are not adding anything to the fuel. The refineries do have a lube additive that is mixed in. Tom

Oh well if I can't waste my money then why am I working. :poke snoboy

Probably the same as last winter! Yep, we are required by law to use a minimum 2% Bio. Far as I know there weren't to many that had problems, but all that I know also run a decent anti-gel too.

It's 2% mandated here in Mn. I heard the governor talking here a while back about making 20% mandatory in 2009. The station where I buy my fuel is the cheapest place for me to buy fuel and it is 5% bio.Also today this station started their winter mix. 50/50 diesel.

It's 2% mandated here in Mn. I heard the governor talking here a while back about making 20% mandatory in 2009. The station where I buy my fuel is the cheapest place for me to buy fuel and it is 5% bio. Also today this station started their winter mix. 50/50 diesel.

50/50?? is that a common wintermix.???? That is also a huge jump from 5% to 20%..... `:(

Your right that is very strong. I checked with the transport driver and he said it was 20% #1 fuel. I must have been thinking about anti-freeze. I also asked the driver why 5% bio-diesel when 2% is the mandate. He said that Murphy gets a bigger tax break the more bio-diesel they put in. I don't know for sure but bio-diesel in Mn must be state subsidized like ethenol. Anybody know for sure?

High percentage of the hiway tractors use additives, that is why they are stacked around the fuel desk. I am aquainted with a couple that are using 2cycle now, one keeps good records and is running 400:1 - 81 less gallons this year 720 more miles run, 4 days longer, opened the 8th gallon of 2cycle, using 2cycle is $175 less money spent, if i remember correctly, on the pickle harvest. The other has trouble getting all the fuel rects, let alone the number of days out. Both are Detroit 60's, with electronic common rail injection.Theory is that the heavy part of the 2 cycle serves as upper cyl lube before washing down into the oil, the same heavy molecules are like marbles in a bag of BB's to take the pressure in the rotor to pump head, plunger to sleeve and under the pinlel in the injector. I am not sure why the sharp high pitched pre combustion noise quit but mine no longer sounds like the fuel is contaminated with gas, sounds like the old hi sulphur fuel.keydl

• 6 months later...

Here you go a straight link now... http://www.valvoline.com/products/Outboard%20NMMA%20(BIA)%20Certified%202-Cycle%20Engine%20Oil.pdf Specs... Pour Point -40*C (-40*F) Flash piont 65*C (149*F) This is really good characteristic for 2 cycle oil really close to the value of diesel fuel so its not going to change the diesel fuel values much... But the pour point will help the diesel pour point go low into the winter temps... Here is a TDS sheet on some common #2 diesel fuel. http://www.cenexenergy.com/Downloads/2ULSDSpec_2006.pdf

I been using the valvoline 2 stroke for about a year with no problems at all.