• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Center Console Replacement

The fooler is working and installed. Did not realize the bare wire in the bundle was used and never spliced in a wire for it. Figured that out and it works fine.  I scanned the fooler plate and printed it on adhesive backed paper, cut it out and put it on.  Looks alright would like to maybe find something with a little more gloss down the road, but it's readable and works.  I'm calling this project done.

attachicon.gif116_1991.JPGattachicon.gif116_1992.JPGattachicon.gif116_1994.JPG

I think this is pretty sweet.

• Like 1

ABennin you might want to peel the protective paper off the high idle switch face plate. :whistle::lol:

I know it looks like that.  I used a 4" x 6" blank label.  post-1146-0-02225500-1427835957_thumb.jp

I had a pinup girl sticker on there and found the Rat Fink online, I like R.F. more, she got the "boot" lol

• 1 month later...

The console has worked out very well. I did have a issue with the mounting bolts coming loose but I used Loctite on them and so far so good. I added a cell phone holder, which I like very much. The holder uses a solid aluminum rod which was 20" long and I cut off about 6 inches to get the height where I wanted it. I use the GPS on it often and the holder is steady which makes it easy to read. Next I added a 12v power outlet, 2 USB chargers and a Volt gauge. It was PITA to install with the console in the vehicle though. I did not want to remove it because there is a lot of wiring to remove. It has its own fuse in the fuse panel in the console and it is turned on and off with the master switch. I use it to charge the phone and I have an IPod that stays in the truck to listen to music. I use the USB for charging that.

post-1146-0-38510700-1431740556_thumb.jppost-1146-0-71569500-1431740606_thumb.jppost-1146-0-48864500-1431740634_thumb.jp

Edited by ABennin
  • Like 1

Yes I did receive the faceplate and thank you for sending it.  I put it on after I took the pictures I put up last night.  Here it is installed.post-1146-0-37999500-1431777824_thumb.jp 

I should have put up a final picture after I was done for the night.  I used a sharpie to color the edge of it because the white from the plastic stuck out against the darker background. 

Thank you Royal Squire, it was a fun project.  One interesting thing I encountered is people working in the drive thru's are curious about it.  I try to explain what everything is quickly but I feel most of it goes over their head. 

Edited by ABennin
  • Like 1