• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

BALL JOINT HELP PLEASE!

Hi All -

I took my 1995 2WD 2500 (243K miles) to get an alignment after installing new shocks and tires. The shop told me that they couldn't do an alignment because my lower ball joints weren't fully seated....they stick up above the control arm about 1/4" with the splines and snap ring exposed. Is this normal??? I found some pics online that appeared to look the same but was a little hard to tell. I have attached a picture. Please advise. Thanks364498d1430182310t-2wd-2500-ball-joint-h

Some people have said that I need new lower control arms......not sure how to know if this is true. I can't tell if the OEM ball joints were tack welded like some were....the ball joints in the pic above appear to be replacements. I looked for new lower control arms from NAPA and MOOG...both manufactures have replacement lower control arms that come with ball joints already pressed in. The MOOG lower control arm comes with a crap ball joint.....does not come with the grease fitting problem solver balljoint (I called MOOG and they said its not a problem solver BJ....the guy said some overseas made junk basically). I'm not sure what quality ball joint the NAPA control arm comes with. My concern is that I don't want to buy new control arms that come with crappy balljoints that will need to soon be replaced. Does anyone know if there is a lower control arm available with out an already pressed in BJ so I can put good ones in? Thanks