• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

it's time to buy filters

so i have the filter spread sheet pic that AH64ID had from a few years ago.

it's a bit out dated. so i'm after the current list.

right now i run the

oil LF 9028

fuel f5320

fuel baldwin 7977

as one can see i like the better line of filters. i usually run valvoline 15/40 and or 5/40 pending what's on sale. i only run till about 7500 miles.

my thoughts are going with.

DBL7349

ff5814 if i can find one.

P553203/553207

so what's the best ones to get today.

thanks for any thoughts you feel like sharing.

• Staff

Your sig says bone A$$ stock but those filters listed are not for a stock truck... what aftermarket setup do you have?

PF7977 is the best is gets for the OEM cansiter.

DBL7349 is the best for oil

FF5814 and P553203 are great filters, but what are they going on?

Most any upgrade is better than "stock" filtration.....................both engine oil and fuel.

That statement is generally true for engine oil, but I would be very careful with fuel on a HPCR as there are plenty of filters being used that are worse than stock.