• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

How can we become perfect?

JAG1

• Staff

I'm always kicking myself for failing. How can we become perfect as our Lord asks?

So is our becoming perfect have more to do with our faith in our Lord and his unrelenting love, mercy, forgiveness and always being faithful?

• Staff

Thank you Joe. So it is attained thru faith. By becoming stronger.

as faith is more an act of love toward God, has nothing to do with scientific proof. To have true faith in the Lord is to love all, that is perfection.

This an area that I think many churches fail. Often people quit going since they never feel perfect or feel inferior.

• Like 1

King David was a favored man by God. He was FAR FROM PERFECT. He had extra marital relations with a woman who was also married. Tried to cover it up with lies and even killing her husband to cover up the fact that he fathered a child with her. David paid a heavy price with the death of his son and other stuff. But God still loved him and forgave him.

My opinion is, bring non believers to God and this will make up for a lot of imperfection. Pray often and study the bible daily and attend church regularly. Make Christ part of your daily life. But expect to be tested regularly by spiritual attacks. Christian lives are not without turmoil and grief.

• Like 1

Strive for perfection, but we're only human. I have found that just trying to be a better person has strengthened my faith and my willingness to do God's work.

I have put aside some of the rituals of the Catholic Church (raised Catholic) that I was taught to do and believe, and found that my relationship with God and people around me has strengthened and I am a better person for it. In my family, there was hypocrisy, and just because my grandmother went to church every Sunday and had religious statues in her house, it didn't make her perfect at all, far from it. I think perfection starts in your heart and your love for Jesus and God, and trying to be more like them.   

• Like 2

• Owner

I'm only human as well. I do what I can to help my fellow man. I don't see things as failing but as a learning curve. If I don't make it why? Lack of knowledge? Lack of ability? Lack of management? Lack of spiritual guidance? So now I learn from my mistakes and move forward. I know I will never be perfect. I can always learn how to improve who I am and what I'm doing. I sometimes sit down and look at my recent past and figure out why thing the way they are. There is things I can't explain that happen.

Funny little story. As a kid I grew mostly a loner. Never really had any friends and didn't socialize much. Then I got in to my computer business was having a hard time trying to teach people because I always told MoparMom I really didn't like dealing with the public and and having to teach people. What happened... I held a computer business till 2008 and now from 2004 to current I still hold the forum and continue to teach diesel trucks and turn wrench for living. I still make my mistake in management of time or not ordering the part I need or other foolish mistakes. I'm who I am I would want to change it for the world. I happy with the blessing the Good Lord gave me and the ability to touch some many people locally as well as all you on the Internet.

Thank you Lord for letting me be me! :pray:

• Like 1

• Staff

Yes Michael, the older I get, the more I understand how older folks really can use a little bit of help once in awhile. Funny how we are built that when we help others, it makes us feel pretty good about ourselves.

Michael, you've been blessed with a greater freedom to go and do for others and that's a cool cool life right there.

God made us who we are, regardless of what we think of ourselves. Too bad there are so many people questioning their sexuality, etc.. God is in control of all things. Even the things we think we control. He allows things to happen even when we it doesn't make sense to us. Like the Middle East troubles. There is a reason for everything and we just don't understand what the reasons are.

• Owner

Yes Michael, the older I get, the more I understand how older folks really can use a little bit of help once in awhile. Funny how we are built that when we help others, it makes us feel pretty good about ourselves.

Michael, you've been blessed with a greater freedom to go and do for others and that's a cool cool life right there.

Might be true... But there is some humbling experiences you end up with at times. Just because I can work for people doesn't always means I get paid for the work I do. Sometimes paid at much lower rated than typical. Then like all summer I've been slammed with work and trust me I can feel it in my bones every morning. Then once winter starts then things get really quiet. Now the confinement of winter sets in and you don't travel, jobs are gone, weather is typically foul at both end of the canyon so leaving isn't a choice at times. Then with wood heated houses you have to stay home to keep pipes from freezing.

• Staff

It makes many folks feel better about the work being done when they can pay something Mike. Many times I've felt not right about something being done for free for me.

Sometimes I have to say to the folks I'm doing the work for, no! If you pay me I won't do it so then they let me complete the work and all is happy. :)

There is a line to be drawn there though and I think everyone understands that..... got to make it thru slow times etc. but when an honorable person has been having a hard time, it's time to do all you can for them :thumb1:

What is very sad is when you get a dishonorable person that is doing well financially yet will tell you a different story about their situation. That is where I let God do what he has to do for them. I've found that having faith in these situations usually becomes very revealing/ embarrassing to them as the scope of work develops. Seems like God places the situation in a position that exposes their deception. It's very embarrassing for them usually.