• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Low pressure/no pressure fuel leak.

Guys I've got a small leak on #6 injector line area. It's a small trickle of fuel nothing spraying or pouring out just a steady drip. Has anyone experienced this on their truck and what fixed it?

I had the injectors replaced around January and no leaks at the time at all. What are the chances that the fuel line ferrel is cracked and spraying high pressure fuel?

Have you checked the fuel filters on the Airdog?  Are your running the fuel through the OEM fuel filter canister?  If so, check the fuel filter there.  Do you have the draw straw or is your system drawing fuel through the fuel filter sock in the tank?  I think the #6 injector leak is something aside from the low pressure problem but still needs to be addressed. 

Have you checked the fuel filters on the Airdog? Are your running the fuel through the OEM fuel filter canister? If so, check the fuel filter there. Do you have the draw straw or is your system drawing fuel through the fuel filter sock in the tank? I think the #6 injector leak is something aside from the low pressure problem but still needs to be addressed.

It's number 6 only. Fuel is seeping out of the head at the threads. I call it a low pressure leak because it is not full injection pressure which begins around 295 BAR.

Did you try to tighten it a little? You can pull the tube without the injector but you need to take the line off. Sometimes they are a bear to get to stop leaking..... ask TFAORO.

Yes I have but the spec calls for 28 ft. lb. of torque and it has every bit of it that's why I'm thinking something is damaged.

Chances are I'm going to have to remove and replace the individual line and loosen #6 injector hold down and reinstall the connector tube with a new o-ring just to be sure.

Try loosening it and retightening it a couple of times. If that doesn't work pull the crossover tube out and inspect the O ring. You can pull the tubes out without having to pull the injectors, just make sure you put the same tube back in the same hole. If that doesn't work take the line off and the tip of it until it is smooth and try re-seating again. I used 400 grit to start with. 

Try loosening it and retightening it a couple of times. If that doesn't work pull the crossover tube out and inspect the O ring. You can pull the tubes out without having to pull the injectors, just make sure you put the same tube back in the same hole. If that doesn't work take the line off and the tip of it until it is smooth and try re-seating again. I used 400 grit to start with.

10-4 bud did this get rid of your skip?

Just went through your build thread good stuff and good choice using QSB marine pistons.

Edited by Vais01

Yes I have but the spec calls for 28 ft. lb. of torque and it has every bit of it that's why I'm thinking something is damaged.

Chances are I'm going to have to remove and replace the individual line and loosen #6 injector hold down and reinstall the connector tube with a new o-ring just to be sure.

Be carefull if removing just 1 line. Those little blue clips can break and be tough to get lined up again. Generally it's advisable to remove the whole set of 3  together.

Be carefull if removing just 1 line. Those little blue clips can break and be tough to get lined up again. Generally it's advisable to remove the whole set of 3 together.

The fuel line isolators take 4 ft lb of torque. I would tighten them hand tight and then just give them a light bump with a finger. A drop of blue loctite will help seal the threads and keep everything together.

I've pulled lines separately before you have to use alot of caution is all.

Well gents I have replaced a connector tube o-ring it looks like it had a small cut in it on the inside that seals off the tube. So far so good no more leaking. Looks like I will be inspecting my connector tube o-rings whenever I buy new connector tubes with pre-installed o-rings.

That not going to guarantee it to be leak free. As a matter of fact I did exactly that and bought 6 new connector tubes with o-rings. Now number 6 has been slow weeping for a few months. One day I'll deal with it.

I pulled the line and inspected it the seal face was good. The connector tube has even surface contact all the way around and is not leaking. The o-ring had a small cut almost missed it when I took it off to inspect it. Everything looked good tightened everything to full torque specs 28 ft lb on the head and 17.4 on the VP44 side. No leaks so far. If it weeps again I will have to pull all the lines connector tubes and recheck alignment. Cummins manual states the return side can see 10 psi so in reality that would be the next thing to check. If everything holds which it should I will leave it alone. If not I will inspect the return line circuit for obstruction or restriction.