• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Installed fuel line check valve

I have a hard time believing the leak is coming from the VP44, especially since you got it from Vulcan. I've never heard of a prime issue being because of a VP, especially a new/rebuilt pump.

3945707.jpg

In that pic, have you replaced the washers for #4 & #5 in both locations?

Have the grommets that attach to the #3 been replaced?

Have the crossover tube o-rings been replaced?

Have you made sure the return line on the FASS is tight or any washers or o-rings are in good condition?

It would just suck to shell out money for a new VP and it doesn't fix the issue ya know?

• Owner
19 hours ago, jigdog said:

Their vp rebuilder thinks it's 

the vp and it has a leak inside in the pump part of the vp.

Ummm... There is only the front seal... Which would be dumping fuel in the gear case... The working outward on the pressure side is the cross over tubes. Now did you install or change injectors at all? Really common for people to install injectors the wrong way and cause a leak inside the head where you can't see and just return fuel to the tank. Suction line leaks never actually leak and the toughest to find because while the engine is running the suction line just draws air in and mixes with the fuel. If your running an AirDog or similar then the air is just returned to the tank. Now when the truck is shut off then suction line will still draw air in allowing the supply line to drain back. Personally I've never heard of VP44 being the cause of a loss of prime.

All of the tube seals were replaced by the shop ,along with the fuel line between the filter and vp.they also ran a clear line in the same spot to check for air and none showed up. The only two consistent things are if you crimp the intake side it doesn't loose prime. When the shop had it parked up hill it started after overnight sitting,but when I drove it home and it sat uphill it loos Es prime.i think they were not really road testing it etc. seems like to me one of the pumps is leaking back after running a good distance.if the return side was leaking air then it would loose prime when the inlet side of the vp was crimped off right.

On May 22, 2016 at 1:02 PM, notlimah said:

I have a hard time believing the leak is coming from the VP44, especially since you got it from Vulcan. I've never heard of a prime issue being because of a VP, especially a new/rebuilt pump.

3945707.jpg

In that pic, have you replaced the washers for #4 & #5 in both locations?

Have the grommets that attach to the #3 been replaced?

Have the crossover tube o-rings been replaced?

Have you made sure the return line on the FASS is tight or any washers or o-rings are in good condition?

It would just suck to shell out money for a new VP and it doesn't fix the issue ya know?

The vp is 5 years old so I have had it for awhile.

• 2 months later...