• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

intercooler hoses

I was inspecting my intercooler hoses this afternoon and the lower ones have seen better days. So I figured I replace all the hoses regardless of them leaking or not. As far as hose kits  go are some better than others or are they pretty much all the same?

I was inspecting my intercooler hoses this afternoon and the lower ones have seen better days. So I figured I replace all the hoses regardless of them leaking or not. As far as hose kits go are some better than others or are they pretty much all the same?

They are all very similar to one another.

What are you comparing?

The site I was looking on carried 2 different manufactures, BD being the more expensive and vpmax. After a quick google search guys were asking about BD and Pieres boots, and there again a significant price difference.  I don't need 100 psi hoses... They all seem to be made from the same materials, and rated for the same, so why the price difference?

• Owner

Cheap as in 20 bucks... like silliconeintakes.com. I'm sure you'd be just fine with the vpmax. 

I think mike has some that he got from Vulcan performance for a good price. They also sponsor the site so I would consider them. 

I did get a set from Eric at Vulcan... The secret to installing them easy is using Zep Orange degreaser and spray the silicone boots down with the degreaser and they will slide on much easier than with WD-40. Seriously! Then when the dry out they stick like glue and are a real PITA to remove. Never have to worry about blowing a boot off.

• Like 1

I always install mine clean and dry never had an issue. Just be sure to tighten the clamps good on mine I've got a few weak ones so to counter it I've nearly bottomed out the springs.

Also a quick tip. If you keep blowing boots off a connection point and can't buy upgrades right away get some hair spray and spray onto the metal portions it will act like adhesive and get you by for a bit. Removing them will be a chore but like I said it will get you out of a bind.