• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

No power to in cab fuse box

The other night installed a manual temp gauge and was under the dash running the line to the motor. I bumped somthing or somthing happened. I seen my lights flicker on my radio. I then pulled my head light switch out and bam absolutely nothing works. No power at all in my fuse box. Wiring diagrams would be a big help. The harness are shortly to say the keast

Did it happen right when you hit the light switch?  As in, you had power before you turned on your lights, or were the lights the first thing you powered on?  

I would suspect that you loosened your connectors between the fuse box and the firewall.  I would get under there and check them and make sure they aren't loose.  

I would also start at the battery with a meter and start following the 12V... start at the battery, go to the box in the engine bay, then to the box inside.  If you don't find it at the box inside, then start looking at the connectors between those two.  Seeing a complete shut down of power to the inside is kinda odd and it sounds like something major got unplugged.  

Also, you might want to fill us in on what truck you are talking about.  If you plan on sticking around, you might as well fill out your signature.  

Edited by CSM

• Owner

My first thing I normal do is grab my handy test light. Then run through both the PDC and the cab fuse panel checking fuses. When you check fuses tap both post it should light up on both sides. If none light up then that circuit is not powered. For example the radio fuse will show no power because it requires the key to be ON. So a blown fuse will have one post with power and the other post dead. Pull the fuse and check.

As for the bigger square fuses under the hood you'll have to pull them out and use a ohm meter.

Iv checked every fuse in the motor compartment. Also the ones in the cab. There's no power in the box at all. I pulled the harness from inside the cab went thru it cleaned it up. When I start the pick up my instrument panel also acts up. Oil pressure pegs out fuel go to empty. Double check all plugs to make sure they were all plugged in. I'm at a loss now. Can't find a short any where. 

This also has no power to it. It seems to click about 30 seconds after the key is on

image.jpg

Also my fuel shut off solenoid disengaged running down the road that's when things started to unfold. I'm trying to put as much info as possible. The box under the hood has power