• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Mpg...........

that is pretty good.i recently hit a personal best at the beginning of this month. the tank of fuel was from new station. 85% highway @1500-1800rpm with 2stoke 493.9miles/25.5gal=19.36MPG but oversized tires corrected to 557.5miles/25.5gal=21.8MPG! this is the first time i have been across the 20mpg mark. i am kinda surprised because my last personal best was 18.2 and my average is 16-17.5 with stoke driving almost exactly as listed above. ohh the last 2 tanks have been back to average

Wow you guys are pulling impressive numbers. Unfortunately I am not getting that great of fuel mileage but I still wouldn't consider mine bad. My truck is an 00' 3500 (dually) quad cab 4x4 SLT 6-spd. I am running the factory size tires. With 3.55(?) gears and running 55mph-75mph 85% highway and the rest 35-45mph city I am pulling 18.5mpg on the overhead and 17.8mpg by hand calcs. The only modifications that the truck has is an Edge Attitude w/ Juice, BHAF, crankcase vent BOMB, and AirDog 150.I know that 17-18mpg doesn't sound great but for such a heavy truck I think the numbers are quite impressive, more so considering my single cab/short bed Dodge Dakota 4x4 5-spd with a Magnum V6 does 14-16mpg highway depending on the weather and 12mpg in town. If I could run 55mph everywhere without getting blown off the road or firing up somebodies road rage I could get even better numbers I am sure.

• Owner

Ok...

I've keep record of every bit of fuel since 20K and so far I've got 164K on the clock. So far my lowest on record is 14.1 MPG (hauling heavy loads of firewood trailer included) and all the way up to a high mark of 25.3 MPG. But during daily driving I normally see about 20-21 MPG. But if I got to travel up in the hills for work or friends place that number will be pulled down quickly to about 18-19 MPG

Last summer... Go Big or go home... I went home BIG! :lmao:

http://forum.mopar1973man.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=422

Empty run of course...

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiQFadYL6co

Now watch the MPG (Instant MPG for the second) then watch Cmg (Current MPG for the Day) :tongue:

And yes the ScanGauge is usually close to the number displayed...

I wonder if thats the same on a 12v, the 9999mpg thing. I know the fuel pump would still be running and everything but does it just pump it all straight to the tank when I'm coasting? What happens if you push in the clutch while moving, does it give you a mpg reading since it is now using idle fuel? Think I got some good mileage on the way home behind a wide load steel building, based on how I was doing 65mph at 500F the whole time with winter front on and 45F out :hyper:

• Owner

I wonder if thats the same on a 12v, the 9999mpg thing.

All diesels will behave this way.

I know the fuel pump would still be running and everything but does it just pump it all straight to the tank when I'm coasting?

I think your case it like the VE or VP44 the injectors stop firing and the lift pump pressure is great enough to just push through the overflow valve.

What happens if you push in the clutch while moving, does it give you a mpg reading since it is now using idle fuel?

Yes... As soon as the idle governor kicks in might flickers a slight fuel usage 0.01 GPH but typically at idle its still shows 0.00 GPH and so the MPG still shows 9,999 MPG.

Think I got some good mileage on the way home behind a wide load steel building, based on how I was doing 65mph at 500F the whole time with winter front on and 45F out :hyper:

Drafting... That's cheating...:nono: That like saying I pulled 29.9 MPG just because I had a tail wind the whole way...:lmao:(gotta give you a load of C__p!)

I have got 28 before drafting UHAULS on 2 lane 55-60mph highway :lmao: Doesn't sound like much over my nondrafting high, but that tank had a lot of city driving and other things on it too, so the UHAUL must have been getting me 30+ to average out that high.