• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Help please please

I could really use some help. Back on 3-11-10. My friends truck a 2002 Dodge 2500 HO turbo diesel 2wd completely stock took a dump. Would start but under acceleration it would just dead pedal. pulled him home and the temp gauge was bouncing all over the place and the cruise light would blink on and off. He thought it was the IP and LP so he ordered the IP and a Fass DDRP LP. We installed it and it made no difference at all. I know we should have pulled the codes first but we didn't:banghead:. So we pulled the codesPCU p0122, p0500, p1693.ECU p0121, p0230, p1689, p0217, p1488, p0575, p0562, po237 I did some searching and found a post by mopar on 5-29-2009 that said Quote:Pretty simple really... P0121, P0122, or P0123 error codes are present with a dead pedal. A failing APPS always throws a code where a failing VP44 might throw a code and might not... I told my friend and since we had 2 of those codes (p0122, p0121) he ordered an APPS from timbo the next day. Later that day on my own post about this problem mopar wrote Don't bother with the APPS... Look at your codes... You got a mess of low volt codes that are not making sense...ECM is on the way out... I've seen this before... My friend decided to try the APPS first and it didn't make a difference:banghead:. So then he sent his ecm off to GOECM.com to be rebuilt. He got it back today and installed it and the truck runs exactly the same:banghead:.Now we are really puzzled:cookoo:. His dad had a code reader and they cleared the codes before installing the APPS. I had him pull the codes again tonight after installing the rebuilt ECM and this is what he got. pcu p0123, p1694, p1693ecu p0575,p0562, p1488, p0117, p0342, p0112, p0606, p1295Some of these codes are different that the original ones we got. Once again low voltage everywhere. 0606 ECM failure. We are not sure what to do next :mad:? Mopar please do not take this post as a bash at you. I just did some searching at diesel garage and here and picked out pieces of your posts without taking all the info into consideration. We should have pulled the codes before the IP and LP replacement.(we would have seen the low voltages everywhere) We are ignorant. I should have waited before telling my friend it was the APPS (even though we had 2 of the codes for the APPS we had a bunch of low voltage codes pointing at the ECM) We are stupid. Now having the ecm rebuilt and still not working. We are puzzled. I still think we can fix this ourselves with a little help from ya'll. Hopefully someone can point us in the right direction and we can get his truck back on the road. Thank YouRob

• Owner

Ok... As for looking at this you problem is the ECM all a long even now. The low volt codes are typical for a failed ECM. I to a look at all the codes and seeing everyone of them low volt. The P1488 is a dead give away to the fact the ECM supplies the 5 volt signal to all the sensors (APPS, ECT, IAT, MAP, Crank, Cam, etc) So if the ECM is report low voltage then I know the ECM is to blame so far... Then in the Second batch of code you have the P0606 which is a Failed ECM code. You might have to checked again... Also check all engine grounds... The main ECM ground is behind the starter you must remove the starter to even see it. Then there is several grounds under the hood like one near the driver side battery mounted by the headlight. This one sometimes turn all green and nasty from battery acid.

• Like 1

Thanks Mopar appreciate the info. My friend called GOECM and they told him what they had fixed on it before. Said they put it on their tuner before they sent it and it checked out. He said they were very cool about everything and for him to send it back and they would check it out again. He said they had cleared all the codes before sending it back. So like you said the codes we got the ECM is bad. Mike my friend said he checked all the grounds already. So he is sending the ECM back and hopefully we can get this thing back on the road next week. Thanks so much for your help.Rob

1 thing that is most often over looked is the wiring itself. Inspect the pins and sockets very closely to make sure they are not coroded and that none of the pins or sockets are pushed out of the connector itself. Then look at the wiring and make sure no one has butchered into it somewhere to check for power "Example is holes poked in the wire insulation that lets water in for the corrosion to start inside the wire itself. Look close to the connectors for this. Double check that both batteries are good and charged up also. There is a ground under and slightly behind the passenger battery that can cause issues also. It is a connector that can get corrosion inside it.

• 4 months later...

Thanks Mopar appreciate the info. My friend called GOECM and they told him what they had fixed on it before. Said they put it on their tuner before they sent it and it checked out. He said they were very cool about everything and for him to send it back and they would check it out again. He said they had cleared all the codes before sending it back. So like you said the codes we got the ECM is bad. Mike my friend said he checked all the grounds already. So he is sending the ECM back and hopefully we can get this thing back on the road next week. Thanks so much for your help. Rob

I am having the same issues with my 02. just wondering how yours turned out. sent you a pm but don't know if i did it right .

It was the computer and he sent it off to a company in Texas and got ripped off. Ended up taking it to the Dodge house and getting ripped off but at least it worked again.:lmao:We never found a reputable place that could fix his. I don't remember exactly what the computer cost. 1300.00 I think but they may have been for install and part will have to check with my friend. There is a company in Florida also but it was a scam too they say they will rescan or whatever but they never send you your puter back just charge your credit card. I would be very leery of sending it off to anybody maybe somebody on this site can direct you to someone reputable but my friend was trying to save some money and not go thru Dodge and basically kept getting ripped off. I have had good success with all the internet vendors I have gone thru for my stuff but he got burnt twice by the puter guys. Hope this helps. Pull the codes of your truck and post them. Many people here a very knowlegeable and more than willing to help.Good Luck RobSorry for the earlier pm bout tranny could not figure out what you were talking about. LOL

• Like 1

thanks guys, wolud either one of you know why i did not get a 606 code until i put on the rebuilt ecm? the surging and the cruise contol problem went away with the new ecm but it set the 606 code. Thanks againDave Ripley

• Owner

Unless it wasn't really rebuilt... :shrug: I've seen that in my computer supplier for PC's. I ordered a new power supply and ended up with someones old RMA'ed blown up junk power supply. Yeah it pissed mt off but I realized if some places something on counter and accidently get shipped out OPPS...:rolleyes:

a.c.e. auto computer exchange these guys ripped me off 3 times i sent in my ecm no repairs made however they did make the case look pretty every time. couldentrepair the problem after telling me it wasent the ecm and replacing alot of uneccessary parts i took it to the dealer they said ecm bad put on a new dodge ecm and its been perfect for 5 months. the only good that come from it is i got a timbo app installed and fuel milage is up. these guys would not refund my money and there a rip off sold me an ecm they did not have in stock attempted to rebuild mine 3 times and still the same problems. they were out of florida beware!!!:mad::mad::mad:

Yep ACE that was the place my buddy contacted the first time. He gave them his credit card # and they told him to send it in. We got to checking other forums and stuff and people were saying they were a ripoff joint so he called them back and said he wasn't going to send it in after all. They had already charged his CC before the next day. He then sent it to GOECM and they sent it back a week later. Nothing had changed same codes everything was exactly the same. He called them and said hey WTF they send said it back they would look at it again. He did they called a week later and said they couldn't fix it and that they would refund his money. A month later he still hadn't heard anything. He just called his CC company and they ended up getting his money back from both companies. So buyer beware of both of these companies.Good Luck Rob

a.c.e. auto computer exchange these guys ripped me off 3 times i sent in my ecm no repairs made however they did make the case look pretty every time. couldentrepair the problem after telling me it wasent the ecm and replacing alot of uneccessary parts i took it to the dealer they said ecm bad put on a new dodge ecm and its been perfect for 5 months. the only good that come from it is i got a timbo app installed and fuel milage is up. these guys would not refund my money and there a rip off sold me an ecm they did not have in stock attempted to rebuild mine 3 times and still the same problems. they were out of florida beware!!!:mad::mad::mad:

Isent mine to Rogerville tenn. think they have 2 locations.

ripley

---------- Post added 07-28-2010 at 07:13 AM ---------- Previous post was 07-27-2010 at 06:35 PM ----------

The only thing I could suggest is to call the vendors on the list and see if they happen to know of a good spot... I'm sure they hear tale of these kind of things all the time...

where do i find the vendors list you speak of?