• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Well guys I'm needing a bit of advice. Looking to knock the drone out of the cab of my truck while keeping the sound from the tailpipe. So which FTE resonator should I use 17 inch or 30 inch? 

I have a MagnaFlow SS 4 inch flow through muffler I just want to knock the drone out.

3 minutes ago, CTcummins24V said:

I forget which one I used, but it helps! I installed a 5" exhaust, 4" hx40 downdpipe and muffler and the drone and noise was crazy! FTE resonator took care of all the problems. I'll measure today, but I think I just used the smaller one.

Thank you sir. Let me know what size you used.

• 2 weeks later...
On Wed Nov 25 2015 06:50:45 GMT-0600, CTcummins24V said:

I forget which one I used, but it helps! I installed a 5" exhaust, 4" hx40 downdpipe and muffler and the drone and noise was crazy! FTE resonator took care of all the problems. I'll measure today, but I think I just used the smaller one.

Ever find out which size you ran? I've got a 30 inch sitting in my apartment made of 409 HD stainless.

5 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

30" inch. I just installed a Diamond Eye 4" exhaust with 30" muffler on a 1995 that had a 5" straight pipe with serious drone issues at 65 MPH. Now its whisper quiet in the cab. The exhaust note is way better.

Good to know. I'm running 4 inch stainless after the down pipe with a MagnaFlow stainless muffler but the drone is killing me. 

3 hours ago, CTcummins24V said:

Ooops sorry. 30" length, 5"

That's okay that's what I have sitting here in my living room waiting on a little time to pull some piping and mock-up a good V-band mounting location. I'm thinking to install it closer to the down pipe to make it easier to remove. Just need to figure it out and have a welder finalize the welds.