• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Old High idle kit and P0113 code

I have the older style of high idle kit and the other day that I was diving and got a p0113 code. Pulled the code and found out that it was the IAT temp voltage was to high. I tired with two different code readers and couldn't clear the code. I pulled my high idle kit off and plugged the factory harness back into the sensor and was able to clear the code and have gotten the code back. Is there anyway that I would be able check to see if I have a short of some sort in my wiring or check the switches? Also from time to time I would select the 6 cylinder and then it would switch over to the 3 cylinder high idle with out me selecting it. Would like to have my high idle back up and running. 

Edited by Me78569

The issue is VERY likely in the ground wire running from the IAT.  It is the Bare wire in the harness.  I am betting it is broken.  

Use  a multi meter on the "A" pin of the IAT plug, either of them, and test for continuity to the back of the switch where the 4 resistors come together.

Edited by Me78569