Mopar1973Man.Com LLC
  • Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Battery relocation

54 minutes ago, Redfishin321 said:

Heres my engine bay, i wipe it down every week, it looks like it rolled off the adsembly line.. So ive ruled dirt out of the equation

image.jpeg

So prey do tell how one goes about relocating the battery.

Edited by Mopar1973Man

If I were to want to relocate my batteries I would first find a new place for them.

Next I would look into the possible need for increased wire gauge to compensate for increased voltage drop.

Find a way to mount the batteries where you want them and they wont move around, then, run wires of calculated gauge to the new mounting location.

If you don't adjust for increased voltage drop there may be an issue with cranking and/or charging capability.

I am curious why you want to move the battery in the first place though

Just guessing here, but I like the location of the air filter more forward in the engine bay. Maybe not enough to do it. But from the looks of the OP's engine bay he must like it. I also wonder if the OP knows that this got split off from the original thread??