• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

No high pressure at vp when cold unless hotwired

I would Leave it outside to have the no start condition. Have dude crank the truck. And check every circuit at the vp. Find the missing power or ground or bus. Then trace that wire back to the module to see if the wire is good. If the wire is good and ur not getting ur power or ground. Module is bad. 

Thanks for the diagrams. The ground over on the turbo side thats the PCM ground right ? I see there is a fuel pump relay where abouts is this loacted ? Im no electrical guru so please bear with me lol. I assume the ecm triggers the relay which is supposed to send power to pin 7 ?

• Owner
38 minutes ago, moparguy55 said:

I see there is a fuel pump relay where abouts is this loacted ?

Fuel Pump relay in the PDC.

38 minutes ago, moparguy55 said:

The ground over on the turbo side thats the PCM ground right ?

This is the master ground on the passenger side battery. There is no body mounted ground for the ECM, PCM or VP44.

39 minutes ago, moparguy55 said:

Im no electrical guru so please bear with me lol. I assume the ecm triggers the relay which is supposed to send power to pin 7 ?

Correct. Take notice this is a bit more confusing but the grounds all come to that G115 which is my picture above. Fuel Pump relay is in the upper right corner triggered by the ECM.

http://articles.mopar1973man.com/images/2ndgen24v/wiring/2002-Dodge-Wiring-pg3.jpg

13 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Gelled? :think:

Same fuel in the tank as sunday when i dropped it off. Was -10 sunday and wasn't gelled. today its maybe -5 out today.All kinds fuel at the IP inlet and no air. I just wish there was a code.

Edited by moparguy55

That isn't a bad price.  There will be some engine differences though in terms of sensors you will have to work with for an 02.  

I wouldn't trust the VP on any junkyard motor. 

Unfortunately im on the other side of the border. Best price on a bosch VP up here in canada is almost $2000 tax in. 

So DAP and Vulcan are the 2 recommended vp vendors ?

I was looking at bluechip and Vp44pumps.com as both had 2 year warranties. Bluechip was only place that warrantys a wire tap via the stealth cover from what i found.

Im sceptic to buy a new VP up here as i dont know if the whole pump is rebuilt or just the defective part and rebaged.

And yes the electric stuff after the p pump swap is whats making me hesitent. I found a running 12v for $900. thought all i needed was the special fuel lines and a boost elbow. But i like the power with the juice the truck has and virtually no smoke even on level 5 tromping on it. Thinking about it now maybe the vp was failing. Shouldnt it pump a lil smoke on a hard stomp on level 5 ? On the highway tromp it and im not sure you could even call it a haze from the exhaust. like slight tinge of black for 1/2 second.

Edited by moparguy55

• Owner

Here is Vulcan at barely over $1,000

http://www.vulcanperformance.com/Bosch-VP44-p/vp44.htm

Here is DAP...

http://dieselautopower.com/bosch-027-vp44-fuel-injection-pump-standard-output-235hp-wire-tap-voids-2-year-warranty-vp44027/

Oh... BlueChip you have to pay at least $1,800 for a pump with a new PSG unit where both list above come with new PSG and been calibrated on a bench.

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Like 1

I dont want to knock the blue chip pumps because I have one. Bought it about 5.5 years ago for near $1700. At the time it was the only pump that I found that came with new electronics on it and that was a the main reason I bought it. I have 143K miles on it with no issues and it has been on a 2 stroke diet 90% of its life. That being said it has not had any longer service life than many others here for me to say it was worth the extra. Blue Chip is a good company and has given me good service thru the years I have owned.

Golden info guys much appreciated.

This part on the DAP disclaimer has me wondering

Core:

Core deposit of $400 required unless core sent in advance. If a rebuildable core (ie. not seized, damaged, contaminated, disassembled) is not received in 30 days from date of shipment a reduced core credit of $200 applies for late cores. International orders have 45 days. IF YOU PURCHASE AN HO 245HP PUMP, YOU MUST RETURN AN HO 245HP PUMP. ANYTHING OTHER THAN AN HO 245HP PUMP RETURNED WILL RESULT IN 1/2 CREDIT.

So if it was crap fuel that ruined the pump on the truck they deem the core not rebuild able ?

Id probably not wire tap until the warranty is up.

Edited by moparguy55