• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Edge Juice fuel pressure sensor snubber or needle valve

So the edge fuel pressure sensor is mounted right at the vp inlet. I see no snubber. This is the way it was when i bought the truck. Can i just add a snubber or needle valve in front of the sensor ? Ideally the sensor should be mounted further back in the feed line correct ? 

On a side note. I plan to run the big line kit to the Vp when i move the DDRP  pump to the frame rail with 1/2 inch lines once winters over. Should I just wait and put a T and needle valve in the 1/2 inch feed line ?

Edited by moparguy55

• Owner

Also relocate the sensor away from the VP44. It's not the engine vibration that kills it but the close proximity of the VP44 is what kills sensors. I'm running both a needle valve and a ISSPro sintered snubber. The needle valve is a safety shutoff in case the tube is damaged its not used for snubbing.  Then relocated a total of 5 tubing feet from my tap point. I'm in my second year of zero issues.

• Like 1

Yup will get the line kit in the next month or so. Burned 1st tank of fuel threw the truck and ive noticed since under half tank the pressure reading on the edge has gone up. like often im seeing 15-17 psi cruising 18-20 idle. On a hill this am 12 psi boost in 6th was still 14-15psi.

Above 1/2 tank was like 13-14 cruise and 11-12 over 10psi boost and 17-18 idle.

So like a 2 psi increase across board and more stable. odd. 
temps been around -10C all week.