• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Truck loses power and wires are cut

Yes basically none of that will be needed. Pretty sure I got rid of everything when I installed mine. The draw straw goes in place of the stock fuel lines going into the tank. Then you cut the suction tube as close to the bottom of the tank as you can. Simple and effective. There are a few versions of the draw straw depending on what type of lift pump you run so keep that in mind. 

Just a drawstring 1 or whatever the basic one is.

Just ensure you mount it so the straw sits almost on bottom, they work great provided you install then correctly.

I think there is an article here about it.  I will look later.

The intank pump fuel module will work, but you do have to modify it. My AD came with a kit to do just that. I removed the pump, modified the pickup into a second return for the AD and added a new fitting to the top for the pick up line. No issues with it since the install 5 or 6 years ago.  But there is no need to buy an in tank pump module just to throw away the pump. 

The draw straw is a good option though. Not knocking it at all.

Here is a article on Mike's install of his AD. Scroll toward the bottom and it shows how he installed his draw straw. Notice the way that he cut the end of the straw so it would not suck down to the tank. It is cut square with 4 notches 90* from each other. He seems to have very good service with it for at least a decade.

Vulcan has who you need. I would suggest you call and tell them what you are trying to do. He will help you get what you need. There will be some variables with what you are doing.

Edited by dripley

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Ok here is the most recent news on our dodge. We received and placed the draw straw, it fixed some of the issues. The most recent fix was the injection pump, it took us a while to save up, but it is now on the truck. It still has some front end work and brakes to be fixed, but it is running better then it ever has. It needs fine tuning but it starts and runs good. Thanks for everybody's help, if more questions come up I will post them. Thanks again especially, driply and mopar1973man, you guys were the most important part in this fix.

Edited by 99 confused
Missed a word
  • Like 4