• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Grid heater relay solenoids and P1291.....opinions

Found it.....
The ground cable from the grid element to the manifold had a bad connection and was causing an intermittent ground issue.

Here's what I found.  Because I dont think I could have found this little cable anywhere local and the corrosion was on the exposed end, I shortened it and re-crimped it and sealed it.

20160312_170101_zpsdfn8wuc7.jpg

20160312_170132_zpsg6y9lvt2.jpg

20160312_173044_zpszvg47a0o.jpg

• Like 1

The wire was sticking out of the rubber and exposed about 1/4".  I pried open the connector and cleaned up the wiring.  Then pulled the rubber cover as far back as I could and shoved the connector back on as far as I could and re-crimped it.  Then covered it with shrink wrap and sealed it off with liquid tape.

Edited by KATOOM
  • Like 2