• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Is this a TV cable thing?

26 minutes ago, Dynamic said:

This is quite common. With any kind of elevated line pressure, the OEM lockup calibrations will make a triple disc a miserable experience, especially at light throttle. Backing off those calibrations is not as straightforward as you'd think because you need to make the exhaust slot in the separator plate narrower to control the release of fluid from the converter; ie. different separator plate.

I have fought this issue from the t.v. cable side.  I sometimes wonder if I have mine right.  I currently have it set at wot=max tv travel.  It seems to work well, but I dont know if it works as well as it could.

• Owner

After spending better than 12 hours listening to Jon on how everything works inside and watching everything being tested using air. I do understand about the plate there is a slot in the of the separator plate and the notch is too wide for triple disc torque converter. Jon has laser cut modifed plates for the valve body. Might as him about changing the plate or sending your valve body to him.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

After spending better than 12 hours listening to Jon on how everything works inside and watching everything being tested using air. I do understand about the plate there is a slot in the of the separator plate and the notch is too wide for triple disc torque converter. Jon has laser cut modifed plates for the valve body. Might as him about changing the plate or sending your valve body to him.

Makes me wonder about my ATS trans... It can lockup like a beast sometimes.