• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Is this a TV cable thing?

Overall I think you should stop worrying about issues and just enjoy the truck :thumb1:  If you try to fix or figure out every little issue with our 15 year old trucks you will go mad. 

case in point I have a clunk in the front end, I can't find it, doesn't wear tires, and nothing has fallen off in the 40k I have driven the truck, so I don't worry about the clunk, if I accidentally fix it someday, great, if not oh well.

• Like 2

• Owner

Well most know I'm on the way of having the 46RE fixed because I lost my direct clutch pack according to Dynamic. Got 160k miles and the transmission crapped the bed on me. Now my NV4500 manual everyone always scared of the 5 speed with the 5th gear nut issue. Nearing 260k miles and still working flawlessly. No issues at all I most likely clear 300k without a problem. Which is twice as far as my 46RE made. :rolleyes:

Edited by Mopar1973Man

3 hours ago, Me78569 said:

Overall I think you should stop worrying about issues and just enjoy the truck :thumb1:  If you try to fix or figure out every little issue with our 15 year old trucks you will go mad. 

case in point I have a clunk in the front end, I can't find it, doesn't wear tires, and nothing has fallen off in the 40k I have driven the truck, so I don't worry about the clunk, if I accidentally fix it someday, great, if not oh well.

I understand where you are coming from to a point.. but.. when you have fair amount of $$$ invested and depend on it to make a living.. you kind of want it to work the way you think it should. It just didn't feel like it was behaving the way it did.. or should. I do enjoy it and I also enjoy trying to get the kinks out and make at good as it possibly can be.  :-)

BTW.. I too had a clunk in my front end and it drove me insane. Turned out to be a control moving back and forth. 

Edited by dodgedieselnewbie

Okay... good to know. The reason I thought it maybe it was the TV cable is because a couple days ago when I was checking out the exhaust I noticed a black tubular plastic piece sitting on the cable kind of loose. So I pushed it backwards and it seemed like it snapped into place.. but wasn't sure if it was really supposed to. Today was my first real trip out of town since (with speeds above 50) and is why I noticed a difference. 

So... are you saying I should ignore any future problems or worry about them? There wouldn't be as much to talk about :wink:

I gotta say, everything in that video looks completely normal to me. My 99 would do the exact same thing. Typical sequence would be 1-4, then lock in 4th (right around that same speed) as soon as I left off the gas in 4th while locked, it would rev up a bit until the trans realized the speed was good and locked the TC again. 

Dont hurt to ask! But I would loose sleep over this! I've had some trouble adjusting to the 02 and it locking up 3rd & 4th. Still throws me off.

If the TV cable is out of adjustment you would notice it at lower speeds not where you are. If it is misadjusted it will shift 1-3 very early "Too soon at very low rpms" or very late "at high rpms", causing hard shifts.

What I saw in the video is how it is supposed to operate as stated towards the beginning of the topic.

Edited by Wild and Free
  • Like 2

You are using less to input than you used to due to the injectors.  Now 20% throttle is 100hp where as before 20% was say 75 hp.

So when doing you used to leave a stop light at 20% to now you might only use 15%.

That has a direct effect on how your Trans shifts.