• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Loud pumping noise form air filter.

Hi there

my air filter making the loud noise like air compressor (pap pap pap pap) at all the time and continues while I'm driving.

I open the air filter component cap, put my hand on the pipe going toward turbo, I feel suction & compress back and fort. oh I forgot to mention that when I lift air filter cap, noise was louder. I hop it can Be heard at video!!!!!

Any suggestion is it normal or something wrong with turbo?

PS: I've got to take a new video cause the one I've it's 537mb and can be posted.(I tried but web don't accepted)        

Just like the other thread, post a video on youturbe so we can hear it. 

I can say I had a "popping" though my air filter before I rebuilt my motor, but never really checked on it again after it was rebuilt. I though I may have cracked a valve from crazy high EGTs, but everything looked fine when I took it apart it was fine. Maybe some others can chime in, but a video would help!

Mine does the same thing, at idle. I was scared because this was my first diesel and I didn't know what's normal for these motors. Truck still pulls strong, so I assume it's normal :). My buddies 6.0 powerstroke does the same thing, but I don't think that's reassuring coming from a 6.0.  

Deep pulse on the intake tube/filter?

• 2 weeks later...

Thank You so much every one for replies.

I was really forgotten where I post this topic till now. absolutely I'll post all of my videos on YouTube and post the URL so all of you guys can see them and be able to help me better.

again thanks for your time and effort.  

• Like 1

I finally got my answer after looking and checking abut 20 different trucks with same engine even with cool air intake, they all making the SAME PUMPING or THUMPING noise and it's NORMAL and there is nothing to worry abut. anyhow as I  promise, I'll post all of my videos on YouTube and post the URL for every one whom is concern can see it.

Best Regard

Sam53