• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Look What I Found

dorkweed

This occurrence happened a week ago today;  but I was pressed for time, as I was flying out to FL in about 8 hours from when this happened.  Or I would've posted it then!!!

Flying to FL to shoe some horses later that day............................about 11:00am after being domestic, and cleaning the house before I leave, I decide to take Dee, my CLF, for am quick walk.  Well about 1 minute into our walk;  I hear the cracking of wood, and a big thump on the ground.  I know this sound as I cut wood and trees down for firewood to heat my home.  When I heard this, I turned around and walked toward the sound.................................I was thinking that I may be able to get a "close to home" scrounge of firewood!!!  

Anyhow..............as I got closer to where the sound came from I see this.....................Walking exactly as you see this picture!!

IMG_0735.jpg

I'm thinking to myself.........................that wasn't like that this morning..............................as I had driven past there earlier.  

As I get closer, I can see a guy behind the ladder waving his arm etc.  I quicken my pace.....................I do have my dog remember.............................get up close, and I see that he's pinned under the big limb........................his right leg is caught between the limb and the almost 90* bend in the ladder.  I put Dee, my dog, on a sit/stay.........................and run over to the guy.  I see that his right leg/ankle is bent in a position that's not normal...............as his leg is crushed between the ladder and the big limb.  I try to move/lift the  limb so that he can crawl out.................that wasn't happening...................I couldn't budge the limb as it was 12-14"in diameter.  Then I hear his Mother screaming on the deck of the house............................I yell for her to call 911............................all while I'm talking with this guy to keep him awake and talking, so that he can tell me what's hurts etc.   His Mother gets the 911 operator and then I'm relaying/yelling to her on the deck what his injuries are!!!  I have her grab a  few blankets as it was cold out......................and I didn't know what other injuries he had and I didn't want him to go into shock...............................he could've had a concussion, broken ribs, broken spine etc based on how he fell and was trapped by this limb.

Get the blanket from his Mother..........................cover him with one, and roll one up to put under his head...........................all the while I'm talking to him, and making him talk to me.......................I was relaying to his Mother what the 911 operator was asking her also.  Hear the siren after about 4-5 minutes.....................tell him that the paramedics will be here shortly.................................I gather up my dog........................who is still on a sit/stay:thumb1:.....................and walk into the street so that the paramedics can see where to come to.  Took 3 paramedics/firemen on that limb to move it just enough to let another paramedic slide his leg out of there.

Here's the FUBAR...........................

IMG_0734.jpg

He was cutting on this limb on a great big silver Maple  with multiple trunks standing on a ladder 6-7' above the ground.......................he was attempting to cut one of these big limbs/trunks off WITHOUT A NOTCH and with just a BACK CUT!!!!!!  Well the limb "barber-chaired" on him and kicked the ladder out from under him and did a number on his right, lower leg.

Darwinism at its finest IMHO!!!!

I still get a bit queazy if I think about how his leg looked.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Sad... I hate to here people get hurt. Then again people get hurt from lack of knowledge. If he was properly trained or knowledgeable about cutting trees we would of cut a notch or relief cut in the limb first.

It was ugly for sure.

But get this...................I hung around after the paramedics and popo got there.   The paramedics are cutting his pants, boot laces and then socks off of him when they discover and "ankle bracelet"!!!!!!!   Well that's when "Mom" decides to tell them that he' on probation!!!!!

Good Lord..................

• Like 1

• Staff

Thank his Lucky Charms you were there to help that felonious amateur arborist.   

4 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

If he was properly trained or knowledgeable about cutting trees we would of cut a notch or relief cut in the limb first.

He must have missed that part on You-Tube

4 hours ago, dorkweed said:

The paramedics are cutting his pants, boot laces and then socks off of him when they discover and "ankle bracelet"!!!!!!!   Well that's when "Mom" decides to tell them that he' on probation!!!!!

Well who do you think is paying for his medical care?   I think it would have been a lot cheaper and less painful if he had hired a tree surgeon and not an orthopedic surgeon.  Penny wise, pound foolish.

• Like 1