• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Codes p-0237and p-0177

After I took my batteries out to charge them, the next day I put them back in and now I got codes 237 and 177. I'm going to unhook them over night again and try resetting the apps, I heard that that could be the cause. Any other ideas? All I did is took batteries out charged them over night and put them back in, and did apps reset. All connections are in good shape, and I don't even have the factory fuel filter anymore just the fass 150. I'm hoping it's not the ecm. Thanks for the help. 

Do you have any way to see what the map is showing for values?   Do you have a boost fooler?  

p0177 is water in fuel so if you dont have the factory filter then I would check the plug where the OEM WIF light is .  I am guessing it was jumped to fool the system into thinking hte sensors was still in place.

6 hours ago, Me78569 said:

Do you have any way to see what the map is showing for values?   Do you have a boost fooler?  

p0177 is water in fuel so if you dont have the factory filter then I would check the plug where the OEM WIF light is .  I am guessing it was jumped to fool the system into thinking hte sensors was still in place.

I can probably use a volt meter on map, I don't have fooler by it self, but I belive my qwadzila does all that. I'm the one who put fass 150 on, all I did is bypass factory fuel filter all together and took it off the mount and left that plug just dangling, but I did fill it with some dielectric grease so it doesn't corrode. I'm going to reset apps this morning and go down to local parts store to clear codes and see what happens next. Just wasn't sure what the heck is did by unplugging batteries, why all the sudden I got these codes. The one for water In fuel has came up before but not as a check engine light just on the panel, but never had boost error before, and I believe it's first time I seen check engine light on. Also I've read somewhere that a faulty oil sending unit can cause this.

Edited by Dieselfuture

8 hours ago, Me78569 said:

I had a map code when the oil pressure sensor died and shorted.  I would check the 5v lead on the map wire.  

Checked for 5v at map got 4.99v local cummins had oil pressure switch on hand for $15 so I ended up changing it just in case, it looked old didn't want to have problems with it anytime soon. Got batteries hooked up, did apps reset, drove to part store and used their code reader. Said low voltage to map, got it erased along with water in fuel, so far it's good. We'll see what it does. I'm going to Canada fishing soon, be a 1300ml round trip, don't want to have issues. Be testing my luck soon, newer to me boat and a truck I drive every once in a while. 

Another thing is why does cables spark a little when hooking leads to batteries? Everything is off in the truck, what's getting feed with key off and all accessories off? 

On 5/7/2016 at 2:19 PM, klcammie said:

There are a few things that pull a small charge. Like the clock in radio and the memory for the radio. 

Might have to yank it out, never turn it on anyway, I like piece and quiet got enough noise at work and home. 

18 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

peace and quite yet drives a 24v cummins.......irony right there haha, couldn't help it.

where in Iowa are you from?

I'm in Cedar Rapids but soon moving to quad city's area. Yeah but I like the noise of cummis, and not so much of people yelling for no good reason, on radio or wherever.  And they still playing same old **** day after day, and so much good music out there. I guess you got to pay the big boys club for them to put you on. Unfortunately the world we live in is not what it seems in many ways. 

Cedar Rapids isn't a bad place to live, just not around down town area and few others,  it's really good for business lots of stuff available around here if you like building stuff,  like customers hose, lots of tractor places, cummins,cat, bunch of parts stores hwy truth town gets you places quick, not a bad place to raise a family in most of iowa, good schools and colleges. Not as much outdoor stuff like in Colorado though.

On 5/10/2016 at 9:15 PM, Dieselfuture said:

Might have to yank it out, never turn it on anyway, I like piece and quiet got enough noise at work and home. 

Just take out fuse, then no hole in dash. Here in southeast Ohio no good radio stations. Even when try to listen to **** much ads.

• Like 1