• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

UDC Pro is here for 03-07 5.9's!!!

Where  did you pick up your dongle? I'm looking at working on my brother's 05 over the summer.

His acts VERY weird at >10K elevation. The rail pressure spikes to 23K and stays there. 

On the Smarty web site a user posted this information for the UDC Pro dongle.

"1 866-211-1533, call these dudes. The key is $349 until the end of the month, then $449 I think. These guys have the key in stock now."

• Staff

I got my dongle a couple months ago from MADS/Smarty... but I couldn't use it until this weeks release. 

Tyler, I am guessing his rail pressure is going to 26K? This is fairly common and one of the things I have been very excited to rectify with Pro. I have seen it happen as low as 3500' with the proper ambient pressure and IAT but generally it occurs above 7,500' and a 70° IAT. Marco and I have discussed the issue for a couple years with a couple attempts to fix it; however, the fix will be best implemented in Pro. 

Let me know if you have any questions when you start to tune. 

• 2 months later...
  • Staff

I have around 4K miles now with pro and it's been great, but still now towing... been an odd year for that but I should hook up to the trailer soon. 

The biggest thing I have done is with the pilot and killing most of it has been very very nice!

I am currently playing with fan control as it was just released. 

We also have control over the 2nd WIF sensor option so my 2nd senor will be going back in at my next filter change. 

I have installed the ComMod and now can tune/flash in real time. It's great for messing with small parameters you want to test prior to a 5 minute flash. There are some tables that deal with fueling during 0 load rpm drop (think rev to 2500 and let off the throttle or shifting a manual trans truck). Tuning them in real time is sooo much better than a full flash. A small tweak on the laptop, transmit the change and check. It's literally that fast. 

I did cut my pilot completely out the other day and it sounded like a 24V. For the little testing I did my timing was fine where it was but the sound was much different. I may mess with that more in the future but a lot of the pilot stuff cannot be shutoff in real time, but timing can be. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Staff

I did my first towing with UDC Pro this weekend... and WOW. 

The only really big difference to the power portion of my tuning is that the pilot is removed at the rpms/loads I pull hills at.. so just a single event. Otherwise pressure, duration, and timing are relatively unchanged over the last 2 years or so. 

I made some tweaks to the OEM fan programming and it was noticeable. 

As long as I have been towing with my truck I have never heard the fan come on based on ECT's, ever... The OEM programming should have it start to engage at 210° but mine never did audibly, but I could see minor rpm increases with my touch but never enough to lower ECT's. 

I revised the initial ramp up rpms and ECT. I lowered the initial ECT to 207° since that is where the thermostat is full open. 

The grade I pulled this weekend is horsehoe bend hill. It's about 2 miles long and 6-8% for most of it. I normally pull the hard spots at 80% load, 1200-1250° EGT and 213-215° ECT running 63-65 in 5th and 2300-2400ish rpms. 

This last weekend I weighed in at 19,020 lbs right about 3 miles after the big grade I pulled. 

I pulled the hill at 1190-1200° peak, 80-85% load, and didn't hit 211° on ECT's. I would watch the ECT's hit 207° and the fan would start to come alive on the touch and then I would hear it!! The ECT's would drop to about 205° and the fan would disengage. It did that 3-4 times over the course of the hill and the highest it got, on the first cycle, was 210.98°. It didn't break 210° on the other cycles. 

Without the pilot (OEM pilot is around 12-13 mm3 at those rpm/load which is more than 10% of the main event) the load was a little higher than normal but the EGT's were a hair lower than normal and it was hotter than average with temps at 101° at the base and 97° at the peak. 

All in all.. UDC Pro FTW!!

The towing experience with Pro is as much better than UDC as UDC was over Revo tunes. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

300 mile tow yesterday. Much of the drive was at 70-72 and I really like how it drives. No real change in mileage over the previous trip on this road, but the truck is much smoother and much better overdrive power on the hills. 

I am certainly down a little peak hp based on the lack of the pilot (based on a little more load than normal), but it all runs a fair amount cooler on EGTs. Even at 5000' and 75° I peak out at 1200° in 6th WOT at 2000 rpms. I haven't decided if I'll add any fuel back or not. I'm not sure I need that much power in 6th and its rather nice not needing to watch the pyro in 6th as much. 

Flat ground at 72, just over 2000 rpms, is about 40% load, 1000°, and 12 psi. All numbers I am quite happy with. 

Thats just the camper, not quads, and about 17.5-18K GCW

• Like 2

• 2 years later...

AH46ID

I noted you stated stated you got your truck to sound like a 24V..  What did you have to do via UDC?

Only bumper here is I have a 2004.5 .. I would really like to just do as you noted .. And have tried / tested..  Having never even looked / messed with a UDC I could be 6 months away from hearing a 24V ?

• Staff
On 8/7/2019 at 2:18 AM, Sandmanxx said:

AH46ID

I noted you stated stated you got your truck to sound like a 24V..  What did you have to do via UDC?

Only bumper here is I have a 2004.5 .. I would really like to just do as you noted .. And have tried / tested..  Having never even looked / messed with a UDC I could be 6 months away from hearing a 24V ?

It takes a single event tune, which has to be done with UDC Pro. 

Do you have UDC (S06 or SJR) or UDC Pro(Touch or MM3)?