• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Maybe a little off topic here but I reckon it'll get the attention of the right folks here...I just completed my Cummins swap and I'm wiring in the dodge pcm to get through my emissions test. My question for you dodge can junkies is can my Allison tcm and the dodge pcm share the same obd plug? I have already checked and the same pins are used although I am not able to find out if the same pins are being used for the same functions or if that even matters. If they are both hooked up to the same obd will the emissions control equipment initiate communication with the pcm, and the efilive autocal I use to tune my transmission talk to the tcm, or will everything just end up a jumbled mess? I do know my tcm speaks j1939 but I'm not sure what protocol the autocal uses to communicate with the tcm. You guys will know far better than I what protocol is used by the dodge pcm at the obd plug. What do you think?

26 minutes ago, Scottfunk said:

Maybe a little off topic here but I reckon it'll get the attention of the right folks here...I just completed my Cummins swap and I'm wiring in the dodge pcm to get through my emissions test. My question for you dodge can junkies is can my Allison tcm and the dodge pcm share the same obd plug? I have already checked and the same pins are used although I am not able to find out if the same pins are being used for the same functions or if that even matters. If they are both hooked up to the same obd will the emissions control equipment initiate communication with the pcm, and the efilive autocal I use to tune my transmission talk to the tcm, or will everything just end up a jumbled mess? I do know my tcm speaks j1939 but I'm not sure what protocol the autocal uses to communicate with the tcm. You guys will know far better than I what protocol is used by the dodge pcm at the obd plug. What do you think?

I know you can get a splitter for the OBD2 plug but I'm not sure if that helps you.